The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fat Rudeboi
Is it worth visiting? got a mate up there but ive never been lol, hes invited me for a night out tho

Yeah sure Glasgow city night life is great!
Original post by booksandcats
tbh i just don't like the weather:biggrin:

i like the weather :biggrin:
Reply 142
I just hate the weather and racism from some white people.
I don't really find British people to be negative or cold like you say. In my experience it's usually the elderly being the ones that complain and moan though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gladly - with arrogant and ignorant English scum making up the majority of "cool Britannia" (read: narcissistic and ARROGANT, with a veneer of false politeness).
I hate the uk so much and i was born here. I hate this country that much id rather be starving in north Korea. Or in tbe middle of a war zone
Yeah I don't particularly like the UK at all, born here and grew up in Rome Italy lived there 30 years, 3 in the USA and about 15 in the UK now, the place where I feel least at home of all, the weather really is a rubbish deal and depressing and you feel this more if you have lived in sunny countries, I could say the food is crap and people are selfish and hypocrites (fake) but then again as always there is everything anywhere you live, it depends what you like and are looking for in life, I just don't feel home in the UK, in fact my wife and I are relocating to southern Europe to live next year.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ricciarello
Yeah I don't particularly like the UK at all, born here and grew up in Rome Italy lived there 30 years, 3 in the USA and about 15 in the UK now, the place where I feel least at home of all, the weather really is a rubbish deal and depressing and you feel this more if you have lived in sunny countries, I could say the food is crap and people are selfish and hypocrites (fake) but then again as always there is everything anywhere you live, it depends what you like and are looking for in life, I just don't feel home in the UK, in fact my wife and I are relocating to southern Europe to live next year.

i am italian and let me tell you, being italian is actually a great thing. we have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like any race. I for 1 am a great person, have great friends, and i take care of every one that is in my life and i am glad to do it, and for that i have people that love me around me. also, italian parents are one of the best parents you can have. sometimes they can be really strict, but they will take care of you no matter what, and they will buy you what ever it is that you need. as long as your not a selfish ****head. Also, we all have great jobs, lots of money and a family that we all love and take care off.
Rule Britannia lmao. I love Britain immensely, maybe because my family moved away and now live in mainland Europe. I love everything about Britain and I'd love to have property here when I'm older even if I don't live here permanently.
NHS.
Lack of extreme weather conditions and venomous animals.
Best education system in the world.

People's main complaint is the weather, personally I find it very mild at worst and would happily live somewhere colder.
Reply 150
Yeah but it's hard for me to leave
Original post by AtomicBlonde
i am italian and let me tell you, being italian is actually a great thing. we have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like any race. I for 1 am a great person, have great friends, and i take care of every one that is in my life and i am glad to do it, and for that i have people that love me around me. also, italian parents are one of the best parents you can have. sometimes they can be really strict, but they will take care of you no matter what, and they will buy you what ever it is that you need. as long as your not a selfish ****head. Also, we all have great jobs, lots of money and a family that we all love and take care off.

Yes I know about Italy and Italians I am one too :-P
Original post by Fat Rudeboi
I don't want to sound anti UK, my parents are very traditional and I respect them

I definitely like some aspects of our culture, but having done a lot of travelling I find that people from most other countries tend to be so much more open and friendly than Brits. I was unhappy for most of my childhood having grown up in a very "middle England" area of London where there were mostly people who were white like we were and not even diverse Brits. I am in my 20s now and have lived and worked around the country, North Midlands and South, and still don't like it.

We are often really negative and small minded and moany in this country. I hate reading things like the Guardian or the Telegraph now because it's always navel gazing depressing articles. We have a **** attitude towards success compared to countries like America or China. We are too history focused, I have every respect for traditions like the monarchy but its too much. Also, I am not London centred but outside London a lot of our major cities just don't compare to others IMO. And even London these days is largely a playground for the rich

Yes I am thinking of moving before people suggest it, however am I being too negative (ironically?)

I don't like London or any other major city . I live a rural existence and my quality of life revolves around fresh air and wild open spaces . Sadly too much is focused on religion , employment and personal wealth .
Sad ...very sad .
It should all be about quality of life and family .
If you don't like the culture then **** off.
I love it especially in London
I used to always hate England when I was younger and really wanted to move, but since I've got older I've realised England really isn't that bad compared to places like the US. In the grand scheme of things the UK is a very liberal minded country. The NHS is a godsend. Whilst we have our problems like anywhere, I think people underestimate how bad other countries are in comparison. The US is a train wreck with class divides, racism, and people who are clueless. China is a communist state. You wouldn't want to live there. The UK isn't perfect but compared to a lot of countries we have a lot of rights and a lot of freedom and I wouldn't want to give that up.
Yes the country is history focused but that's because we have a lot of it. Places like America do not have that extended historical culture. The UK has been here for a very long time
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Chaz254
If you don't like the culture then **** off.

You have anger management issue.
Original post by Tinker000
You have anger management issue.

I don't, but you have grammar issues.
Original post by YoMamasFat
It's those ****ing benefit claimants scroungers that ruin this once great country.

Oh?

You mean the millions of people who through no fault of their own cannot get work, are unable to work through ill health or cannot obtain jobs which pay enough to live on?

Wrong. It is people like YOU, who swallow the lies of the right wing media and seek to scapegoat them for the disastrous Thatcherite economic policies of every government since 1979, who are to blame for what is wrong with the country.
Original post by EmmaRebecca1997
I used to always hate England when I was younger and really wanted to move, but since I've got older I've realised England really isn't that bad compared to places like the US. In the grand scheme of things the UK is a very liberal minded country. The NHS is a godsend. Whilst we have our problems like anywhere, I think people underestimate how bad other countries are in comparison. The US is a train wreck with class divides, racism, and people who are clueless. China is a communist state. You wouldn't want to live there. The UK isn't perfect but compared to a lot of countries we have a lot of rights and a lot of freedom and I wouldn't want to give that up.
Yes the country is history focused but that's because we have a lot of it. Places like America do not have that extended historical culture. The UK has been here for a very long time

The only true communist country left in the world is North Korea. The modern China is more capitalist than America.

I hv been to China several times, it is a great place for holiday.
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest