The Student Room Group

IB grades for medicine?

As an international student, what would medical schools consider a strong IB score, out of 42 as I'm not sure how universities regard the bonus points.

Also is it wise to apply to a school where you only just meet the requirements?
Just meeting the requirements is fine, but it is much better to be above the requirements. IB requirements range from 32 to 42 around out of 45, usually 766 at HL. This varies per university so be sure to check universities you want to apply to. Most medical schools consider gcse grades, personal statement, ukcat and bmat as a more accurate way of gauging your academic strength and qualities, so I would say predicted grades are not crucial.
Reply 2
Original post by ArcaneMists
Just meeting the requirements is fine, but it is much better to be above the requirements. IB requirements range from 32 to 42 around out of 45, usually 766 at HL. This varies per university so be sure to check universities you want to apply to. Most medical schools consider gcse grades, personal statement, ukcat and bmat as a more accurate way of gauging your academic strength and qualities, so I would say predicted grades are not crucial.

Thank you! Do you think it's better to have 7s in both higher sciences or is a 7/6 combination fine
Original post by Milky_Way
Thank you! Do you think it's better to have 7s in both higher sciences or is a 7/6 combination fine

Of course it would be better, but 7/6 is fine. Also depends on what University.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending