The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ash9911
Hey
I am an international student and my stats are :

IGCSE's - 9A* - 1B (First Language English)

UKCAT - Total 2710, average 678

SJT - Band 1

Predicted A levels: 4 A*

I have a decent amount of volunteer work and shadowing in hospital

I was thinking of applying to Kings, Barts, Edinburgh and Birmingham . I am worried that my UKCAT may be low for Kings or Glasgow? Any advice?

You have great statistics! Your score is actually fine for Glasgow and Kings because they give a larger attention to your GCSEs, which you have!
Is anyone applying to Aston or UCLan?
Original post by helloitsmeq23
Look into Kings College London and St. Georges as well. They do not require Biology :smile:

Thanks just checked both of those and sadly for me they both need Biology. Shot myself in the foot not taking it for A level.
Original post by niroabs1989
Thanks just checked both of those and sadly for me they both need Biology. Shot myself in the foot not taking it for A level.

But you have Physics?? That works as well :

"Chemistry is required One subject from Biology/Human Biology, Maths and Physics is required"

From the site :smile:
Hi there, I am also an international student applying for 2018 entry.
my stats:
iGCSE : 9 A*
AS : 4 A's
A2 prediction : Chem and Physics A*, Maths A
UKCAT 2550, SJ3
BMAT : TBA

Looking at : Dundee, St Andrews, Keele, Barts, Bristol, Leeds.

I think Barts out of the question now though as UKCAT so low.

opinions anyone?

The only thing is that Keele only has 10 places for International Students, so a school like Dundee (18 spots), Bristol (16 spots) and Leeds (20 spots) is a lot more likely :smile:
But you have Physics?? That works as well :

"Chemistry is required One subject from Biology/Human Biology, Maths and Physics is required"

From the site :smile:

This is from St George's : A level: Three subjects to include Chemistry and Biology or Human Biology. General Studies and Key Skills not accepted.

And from King's:
Including Chemistry and Biology. All applicants must take the UKCAT. Please see further details below.
Additionally, GCSE grade 6/B in both English Language and Mathematics required.
NOTE: If you are taking linear A levels in England, you will be required to pass the practical endorsement in all science subjects.
The only thing is that Keele only has 10 places for International Students, so a school like Dundee (18 spots), Bristol (16 spots) and Leeds (20 spots) is a lot more likely :smile:

Aberdeen also gives over 30 offers out to International Students

Yes tossed Keele as a choice and Barts, they need AS level Bio as a minimum.

Hoping my BMAT will be better than my UKCAT score as banking on Leeds as another choice.
Yes tossed Keele as a choice and Barts, they need AS level Bio as a minimum.

Hoping my BMAT will be better than my UKCAT score as banking on Leeds as another choice.

Totally feel the same way :smile: haha.

Good luck with your application :smile:
Aberdeen also gives over 30 offers out to International Students

And added Aberdeen! And by the way, thanks for much for taking the time to respond and give suggestions, I greatly appreciate it. This whole thing is extremely daunting for an international student.
Totally feel the same way :smile: haha.

Good luck with your application :smile:

U too! best of luck. Hopefully we can all come back on this thread with good news at some point next year!
And added Aberdeen! And by the way, thanks for much for taking the time to respond and give suggestions, I greatly appreciate it. This whole thing is extremely daunting for an international student.

Don't worry! I'm an International Student too and have been researching for a really long time now so happy to help :smile:
What are your stats?

Predicted 4A*s in A levels, 8 A*s in O levels (GCSE equivalent) and UKCAT 705 Band 1. Do you think I have any chance as I have tariff of only 224 but minimum Tariff required by internationals for interview last year was much higher?
Those are really good statistics !

Where are you thinking to apply to? I would recommend you choose a school that looks a lot at your GCSEs :smile: A few include Birmingham and Cardiff
Reply 34
Those are really good statistics !

Where are you thinking to apply to? I would recommend you choose a school that looks a lot at your GCSEs :smile: A few include Birmingham and Cardiff

For International students, Birmingham does not look at the GCSE grades at all. It's only the rest of the academic requirements they see, if you meet them, you have a good chance of an interview
Original post by Jasir Alam
For International students, Birmingham does not look at the GCSE grades at all. It's only the rest of the academic requirements they see, if you meet them, you have a good chance of an interview

yeah... but a 705 UKCAT for an international applicant is sufficient to get you to the interview stage at Bham
Original post by mkshyderabad
yeah... but a 705 UKCAT for an international applicant is sufficient to get you to the interview stage at Bham

Whats the minimum UKCAT they require?
Whats the minimum UKCAT they require?

Previous cutoffs have been around 2350
Original post by ArcaneMists
Previous cutoffs have been around 2350

What about Cardiff?
What about Cardiff?

Not sure, they look at GCSEs more.

Latest

Trending