The Student Room Group

EPQ

I want to do something about invisible illness or genetics but can't think of a question that I can debate. Please help!!
Reply 1
Original post by Hanky2222
I want to do something about invisible illness or genetics but can't think of a question that I can debate. Please help!!

Have you tried doing some extra reading (or watching) on these issues? Books, articles and documentaries can often give you a lot of inspiration. Remember, you are most likely to excel doing an EPQ topic that you like, as opposed to finding yourself struggling to get the motivation to complete the EPQ on a topic you're not really that interested in.

I've also moved your thread over to the EPQ forum so you get more replies, for future reference here's the subject forum directory :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Amefish
Have you tried doing some extra reading (or watching) on these issues? Books, articles and documentaries can often give you a lot of inspiration. Remember, you are most likely to excel doing an EPQ topic that you like, as opposed to finding yourself struggling to get the motivation to complete the EPQ on a topic you're not really that interested in.

I've also moved your thread over to the EPQ forum so you get more replies, for future reference here's the subject forum directory :h:

I have an invisible illness myself, that is why I want to do it and I did it for my speaking and listening exam for English for my gcse. I'm just struggling to come up with a question.
Reply 3
make sure it's a question that invokes a discussion within your EPQ. Examples would be 'To what extent are invisible illnesses caused by genetics?' or ' Do genetics play a role in invisible illnesses?' or 'To what extent are invisible illnesses represented in the media?' or 'How are invisible illnesses represented in society?'
Reply 4
Original post by Hanky2222
I have an invisible illness myself, that is why I want to do it and I did it for my speaking and listening exam for English for my gcse. I'm just struggling to come up with a question.

It would be best if you focused your project on one invisible illness, rather than the whole group. This will help to ensure your project stays on topic and is concise. Maybe you would find it most interesting to do the project on the illness you have? In that case, it might help if you gave us some more information about what you'd like to do after A Levels; different courses can have different perspectives. For example if you would like to study media or journalism, you could discuss how the media refers to the illness. You could look at how society perceives the illness or maybe if there are any treatments? Really, the EPQ is what you make it and you really can tailor your topic to pretty much any degree course.
Reply 5
Original post by Amefish
It would be best if you focused your project on one invisible illness, rather than the whole group. This will help to ensure your project stays on topic and is concise. Maybe you would find it most interesting to do the project on the illness you have? In that case, it might help if you gave us some more information about what you'd like to do after A Levels; different courses can have different perspectives. For example if you would like to study media or journalism, you could discuss how the media refers to the illness. You could look at how society perceives the illness or maybe if there are any treatments? Really, the EPQ is what you make it and you really can tailor your topic to pretty much any degree course.

I've got joint hypermobility (probably not heard of it) and I want to do biological sciences at university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending