The Student Room Group

Kissed on cheek when said no... is it assault?

Scroll to see replies

It's not assault in the sense that you could do anything legal about it, but it is creepy. Friends should respect your boundaries even if they have unrequited love for you or whatever. If he tries anything else then don't be afraid to make a scene about it, or to stop being friends.

It might be worth texting him and being like "This was not okay, don't do it again and leave me alone." You could also report him to someone you trust at school, but I'm not sure what they would do about it.
Original post by Anonymous
I was looking at my phone he moved in then I went to move away but was too slow... so you tell me

Just don't think about it? People kiss on the cheek everytime they meet or whatever. Not a big deal.
Legally speaking being touched can be considered an assault. I would say, have serious conversation with him and tell him that you felt uncomfortable. If he keeps doing it would at least sexual harassment.

At the end of the day, it could of been a misunderstanding and maybe give him the benefit of the doubt. But do tell him how you felt and that he cannot do that again to you.
I don't really understand how this is even a question... did I miss something? Did he headbutt you while he kissed you or something?
Basically the title
I specically said no to him and that it can't happen, but he still did it.
Is this assault? Should i tell someone?

Maybe, but you'd have an incredibly hard time proving it in court
Technically it is, and all the people talking about whether force was used or injury was caused don't know anything.

That said, stop being silly.
FFS, no it isn't assault. There are parts of the world where complete strangers kiss each other on the cheeks just like we shake hands. Get over yourself.
A guy said hi to me, is it sexual assault?
Reply 28
Technically probably yes, as he touched you without your consent, however, you would probably be laughed out of court if you brought a very expensive case.

Some people kiss the cheek as a hello/goodbye, or even hug.

I would put it down to experience and be keep an eye on the guy, make sure your not left alone with him etc.
It's disrespectful, but it's not assault imo.
Basically the title
I specically said no to him and that it can't happen, but he still did it.
Is this assault? Should i tell someone?

Was it rude? A bit.
Does it fit the definition of assault? Probably, if you were being really technical, but not if you're being realistic. Yes it was contact with your body without your permission, but it (I expect) wasn't done with an ill intention and wasn't a significant act. If it were lips or a punch then it would be different.
Is it anything worth being concerned about or reporting? Nope. Maybe just be a bit more clear with him that it makes you uncomfortable.

Kissing on the cheek is a common greeting/ friendly gesture for a lot of people and people can easily take signals a bit too lightly and get a little too friendly or close to people who aren't so keen on contact.
It may well have made you uncomfortable and you have every right not to like it, but it wasn't assault and I very much doubt it was done with any ill intention.

I am a person who really doesn't like physical contact or even being close to people. If it was assault every time I was made uncomfortable by people getting in my bubble... well I think there would be more people in prison than not. That doesn't mean it makes me any less comfortable, but I have to remember that the discomfort comes from me, not them. They aren't behaving terribly abnormally, I'm just sensitive to that sort of stuff.

If he did it in a way that deliberately implied romance or sexuality or did it with cruel intent then it was rude and inappropriate. Still not really assault though Just being a bit of a d bag.

I hope that helps.
Reply 31
Probably, but I can't see the police deploying a mass of resources on it, not after Teresa Mays cuts
I mean yeah it technically was, but I don't think he's off to prison for life any time soon.
so what is the whole story?
lol my grandma and aunties used to do that. They used to pinch my cheeks as well.

I'm thinking about making a massive youtube rant about why we need feminism.
My friend called me an idiot.Is that sexual harassment?
What is the world coming to?
Original post by Kai's Wife
A guy said hi to me, is it sexual assault?
Yes. You are now pregnant with demons.
Oh ffs grow up, that is not assault. Pathetic. Self entitled people like you who waste police time
When I thought that it couldn't get anymore stupid

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending