The Student Room Group

gcse grades

hey guys. so i am currently in year 11 and well i dont know much i have just started and i am trying to aim for mostly A's and A*'s as i want to get into a good sixth from do you guys think i still have the chance to get the grades? please help
Yes you certainly do have the chance of getting the grades. Of course achieving all 9s and A-A* is really hard and requires a lot of dedication so I would suggest you to plan your time carefully during your GCSEs and make sure you are working on target. Time won't come back to you so make the most of it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
Yes you certainly do have the chance of getting the grades. Of course achieving all 9s and A-A* is really hard and requires a lot of dedication so I would suggest you to plan your time carefully during your GCSEs and make sure you are working on target. Time won't come back to you so make the most of it.

hey and thanks i think i just need a little motivation to keep going and also do you have any ways i could space out my time better as i am going to have to revise for 9 gcse's
Original post by elinoor
hey and thanks i think i just need a little motivation to keep going and also do you have any ways i could space out my time better as i am going to have to revise for 9 gcse's

You don't really need to do something special. Just make sure you are using time to your advantage. Make a plan about what you want to do that week. Look up the topics you have covered in lessons and what you will cover. Then all you do is go online or through your notebooks and textbook and make notes. If you tell me what subjects you are doing, I might be able to assist with some if I have some spare time :wink:
Original post by elinoor
hey i appreciate that so much and thanks alot for your help. ill be doing physics, chemistry,biology,maths,geography,sociology.english lit and language and german and i feel like its so much to do in such s short space of time :frown:

You'll come back to this next year and just laugh at how stressed you are. Honestly, everyone feels the pressure. I was so stressed out around December, and looking back honestly it wasn't worth worrying over. I came out with 10 A*-A :smile:.
Enjoy the time you have before the hard revision kicks in..
Reply 5
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
You don't really need to do something special. Just make sure you are using time to your advantage. Make a plan about what you want to do that week. Look up the topics you have covered in lessons and what you will cover. Then all you do is go online or through your notebooks and textbook and make notes. If you tell me what subjects you are doing, I might be able to assist with some if I have some spare time :wink:

Hey thats so nice of you!! The subjects ill be doing are the following
-biology
-chemistry
-physics
-maths
-english language and lit
-geography
-german
-sociology
I feel like its so much to do in a short space of time :frown:
Original post by elinoor
Hey thats so nice of you!! The subjects ill be doing are the following
-biology
-chemistry
-physics
-maths
-english language and lit
-geography
-german
-sociology
I feel like its so much to do in a short space of time :frown:

Whats your predicted grades? and PM me if you want
Reply 7
Original post by EdexcelAreIdiots
You'll come back to this next year and just laugh at how stressed you are. Honestly, everyone feels the pressure. I was so stressed out around December, and looking back honestly it wasn't worth worrying over. I came out with 10 A*-A :smile:.
Enjoy the time you have before the hard revision kicks in..

Ahhhh your so lucky! I honestly feel like its too much to revise for. If you dont mind me asking how did you space out your time because i struggle alot with making time for all my subjects.
Reply 8
Original post by GcseStudent9
Whats your predicted grades? and PM me if you want

Hey my target grades arent the best they are all b's but my sister had really low target grades and she managed to achieve 9A*.
Original post by elinoor
Hey my target grades arent the best they are all b's but my sister had really low target grades and she managed to achieve 9A*.

Does your sister not help you? :P
Reply 10
Original post by GcseStudent9
Does your sister not help you? :P

She tries her best but she's in her second year of A levels, taking on very difficult subjects and she's trying to get into medicine in a good uni, so she does not have that much time.
Hi,
From experience from a person who has just been finished year 11...trust me average grades are more than enough to get u into a really good sixth form/college...obvs aim high but don't worry about it not being enormous go for sixth form cuz it will be...I know people who didn't even do some of there GCSE exams and still managed to get into my college which is one of the best in the UK btw x
Original post by elinoor
Ahhhh your so lucky! I honestly feel like its too much to revise for. If you dont mind me asking how did you space out your time because i struggle alot with making time for all my subjects.

I didn't. Left it all until the beginning of May until I actually starting revising. I wasn't lazy, I did listen in class, just never actually got round to full revision until May. I suppose work on your weaknesses. No point revising the stuff you're good at, you'll just be kidding yourself.
Reply 13
Original post by EdexcelAreIdiots
I didn't. Left it all until the beginning of May until I actually starting revising. I wasn't lazy, I did listen in class, just never actually got round to full revision until May. I suppose work on your weaknesses. No point revising the stuff you're good at, you'll just be kidding yourself.

Yep ill have to focus on my weaknesses!
Thanks for your help:smile:
Original post by elinoor
Yep ill have to focus on my weaknesses!
Thanks for your help:smile:

No problem :smile:. Just don't bother wasting 5000 hours making and colouring in a revision timetable, I guarantee you won't stick to it for more than a week.
Reply 15
Original post by Mayflower320
Hi,
From experience from a person who has just been finished year 11...trust me average grades are more than enough to get u into a really good sixth form/college...obvs aim high but don't worry about it not being enormous go for sixth form cuz it will be...I know people who didn't even do some of there GCSE exams and still managed to get into my college which is one of the best in the UK btw x

Oh thanks! Ill try my best and hopefully ill get into a good sixth form.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest