The Student Room Group

Anyone else forever alone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThatOldGuy
Oh, yeah. If there's one thing women hate, it's popular and fun guys. Like... All the fun and popular guys I've ever seen are always alone.

For sure, that's got to be the reason.

A guy can be popular and have lots of friends but no girlfriend. It's not difficult to understand.

I'm sick of mentioning it: all girls want is model good looks and gains from the gym. Personality doesn't mean **** to them.
Original post by asif007
There's no such thing as "forever alone" for girls, especially not when you're still in school and have your whole life ahead of you. Guys are the ones who have to make the effort to initiate a relationship and get shot down over and over again. Come back if things are still the same when you're approaching 30 and then I might believe you.

As a female I can confirm that you are speaking a little-known language called bullsh*t.
Original post by asif007
A guy can be popular and have lots of friends but no girlfriend. It's not difficult to understand.

I'm sick of mentioning it: all girls want is model good looks and gains from the gym. Personality doesn't mean **** to them.

Whoah, whoah, whoah. Where's all this hostility from, man? I was agreeing with you: Women hate popular, fun guys. Look on the streets and it's always the popular, fun guys who are alone while all the unpopular and boring dudes get the girls. That is a worldwide phenomenon that for sure explains why you are alone. I was just agreeing with you and this doesn't sound at all crazy. Maybe it's the internet's lack of ability to convey tone.

You definitely sound like a fun guy, for sure, and that is why the ladies don't flock.
Original post by asif007

Maybe, if you didn't have such a shallow outlook, you'd manage to get a girlfriend.
Original post by Qboid
Aye, there is truth to these words.

I've been shot down more times than Tupac. Some girls are even mean af when they do shoot you down :sigh: 30 will be around the corner soon..

Exactly, u get me bro!

The worst thing is when you find out a girl has been *****ing about you behind your back just for asking them out. They switch just like that - I would never have been friends with a girl like that if I knew she would do that. It's just what they all do, it's female psychology. :s-smilie:

Original post by Zxyn
Most girls i know would appreciate a guy with a social life, I'm pretty sure its one of the main things they look for, sure they get jealous if you hang around other girls but you'd do the same if she hung around other guys unless you were past the insecure stage.

You seem to have a generalised opinion on all women based off a few bad experiences I'm guessing.. thats not a good way to go, generalisations are the worst.

It's not a generalisation when you have the same experience with every girl over and over again. That's called the truth. I might have a different perception to you of what girls are like, but that doesn't make my experiences any less real than yours. Some guys have good experiences with girls, some don't.
Whoah, whoah, whoah. Where's all this hostility from, man? I was agreeing with you: Women hate popular, fun guys. Look on the streets and it's always the popular, fun guys who are alone while all the unpopular and boring dudes get the girls. That is a worldwide phenomenon that for sure explains why you are alone. I was just agreeing with you and this doesn't sound at all crazy. Maybe it's the internet's lack of ability to convey tone.

You definitely sound like a fun guy, for sure, and that is why the ladies don't flock.

Sorry my bad, I thought your previous post was sarcasm. But yes, you hit the nail on the head!

As I mentioned above, being fun and popular is intimidating to girls. They can't handle the attention being on anyone but themselves. That's why the fun and popular guys enjoy themselves alone while the guys with no ambition or direction in life just coast through one relationship after another. Girls want excitement from relationships but they go where they're least likely to find it. They must do it wrong deliberately to give them an excuse to complain and ***** about it with her friends.

Original post by Frankie8
As a female I can confirm that you are speaking a little-known language called bullsh*t.

Maybe, if you didn't have such a shallow outlook, you'd manage to get a girlfriend.

Sure, like I'm gonna believe what one random female says over the internet. I don't trust girls in person, why would I listen to you? :tongue:
Original post by asif007
Sorry my bad, I thought your previous post was sarcasm. But yes, you hit the nail on the head!

As I mentioned above, being fun and popular is intimidating to girls. They can't handle the attention being on anyone but themselves. That's why the fun and popular guys enjoy themselves alone while the guys with no ambition or direction in life just coast through one relationship after another. Girls want excitement from relationships but they go where they're least likely to find it. They must do it wrong deliberately to give them an excuse to complain and ***** about it with her friends.

Sure, like I'm gonna believe what one random female says over the internet. I don't trust girls in person, why would I listen to you? :tongue:

Sure, some girls are like that, but not all. I'm saying that as many males are like that as females, so there's no point feeling sorry for yourself. (also, the whole women-hating thing isn't doing you any favours)
Meeeeeee
Sure, some girls are like that, but not all. I'm saying that as many males are like that as females, so there's no point feeling sorry for yourself. (also, the whole women-hating thing isn't doing you any favours)

Well I've never met a girl who isn't like that, so they might as well not exist for all I know.

I disagree. Having disrespect for women appears to lead to success. Roadman/****boy guys involved with multiple girls treat them like **** and still move on from one girlfriend/FWB (or whatever) to the next. Whereas likeable and popular guys who would treat a girl like royalty don't stand a chance because she's off ****ing a wasteman like that and then getting hurt deliberately so she can ***** about ****boys to her friends. Girls do the same thing over and over again and never learn their lesson. My conclusion: girls like to be treated like **** because it gives them "excitement".
Original post by asif007
Well I've never met a girl who isn't like that, so they might as well not exist for all I know.

I disagree. Having disrespect for women appears to lead to success. Roadman/****boy guys involved with multiple girls treat them like **** and still move on from one girlfriend/FWB (or whatever) to the next. Whereas likeable and popular guys who would treat a girl like royalty don't stand a chance because she's off ****ing a wasteman like that and then getting hurt deliberately so she can ***** about ****boys to her friends. Girls do the same thing over and over again and never learn their lesson. My conclusion: girls like to be treated like **** because it gives them "excitement".

I give up, you're evidently a lost cause. Good luck in life.
Original post by Mystery.
Meeeeeee

Keep texting guys about cats and you will be fine.
I give up, you're evidently a lost cause. Good luck in life.

The evidence is there, you can ignore and deny it however much you want. Doesn't change the fact that this is what girls do. Period.
Original post by asif007

Well all right! But just to be clear, a dude can be popular and fun and have a girlfriend or be popular and fun and not have a girlfriend.

In fact, every single one of the most popular and fun guys I know are in relationships right now. Every. Single One.

I'd suggest maybe you consider looking at that chip on your shoulder, man. It's super unattractive.
Well all right! But just to be clear, a dude can be popular and fun and have a girlfriend or be popular and fun and not have a girlfriend.

In fact, every single one of the most popular and fun guys I know are in relationships right now. Every. Single One.

I'd suggest maybe you consider looking at that chip on your shoulder, man. It's super unattractive.

Well, not a lot I can do about that now. I just keep pumping away in the gym and working hard. Maybe one day when I have a career, money and material gains, girls will realise what they're missing out on.
Original post by Mystery.
Meeeeeee

O.O
Original post by asif007
Well, not a lot I can do about that now. I just keep pumping away in the gym and working hard. Maybe one day when I have a career, money and material gains, girls will realise what they're missing out on.

I've got a bit of chunk a chunk going on. I'm going back to uni to be a teacher and I still do all right with the ladies when I care. I can promise you that the only reason to go to the gym and advance in your career is because those are things you want to do.

If you do it to get women, you'll be disappointed. But I can tell you that attraction is like any other skill - It's learned. Any guy can attract any girl because attraction is an innate quality that has nothing to do with being a dink. Just like you can work out your muscles to get stronger, you can become a more attractive person.

And there's no shame in saying you don't know how to attract women - You had to learn how to ride a bike. You had to learn how to talk. You need to learn how to talk to women. It's a learned skill and something you should never be ashamed about needing help with.

So first thing to remember: The same thing that makes a guy attractive to a woman is the same thing that makes guys attractive to guy-friends. Don't treat women like they're better than you or like 'A princess' because that's a little creepy and suggests you're not worthy of them. Laugh with them. Have a bit of banter. Don't treat it so seriously or assume that because you opened a door that they owe you sex - They don't. Go ahead and open the door, but don't assume they owe you anything or that it's a big deal. Do it because that's who you are.

There's a whole lot more, but that's the basic: Be who you are, treat women like they're people, laugh with them and treat them like you would your best friends and they'll respond. Not because they're women and strange, but because they're people and we all are basically the same.

So before you say or do something for or to a woman, think 'Would I do this for my best friend?' and if the answer is 'No. It'd be weird and a bit creepy', then remember not to do that.
(edited 6 years ago)
The answer is basically the same for everyone just not meeting enough people if you throw enough **** at the wll some of it will stick
I've got a bit of chunk a chunk going on. I'm going back to uni to be a teacher and I still do all right with the ladies when I care. I can promise you that the only reason to go to the gym and advance in your career is because those are things you want to do.

If you do it to get women, you'll be disappointed. But I can tell you that attraction is like any other skill - It's learned. Any guy can attract any girl because attraction is an innate quality that has nothing to do with being a dink. Just like you can work out your muscles to get stronger, you can become a more attractive person.

And there's no shame in saying you don't know how to attract women - You had to learn how to ride a bike. You had to learn how to talk. You need to learn how to talk to women. It's a learned skill and something you should never be ashamed about needing help with.

So first thing to remember: The same thing that makes a guy attractive to a woman is the same thing that makes guys attractive to guy-friends. Don't treat women like they're better than you or like 'A princess' because that's a little creepy and suggests you're not worthy of them. Laugh with them. Have a bit of banter. Don't treat it so seriously or assume that because you opened a door that they owe you sex - They don't. Go ahead and open the door, but don't assume they owe you anything or that it's a big deal. Do it because that's who you are.

There's a whole lot more, but that's the basic: Be who you are, treat women like they're people, laugh with them and treat them like you would your best friends and they'll respond. Not because they're women and strange, but because they're people and we all are basically the same.

So before you say or do something for or to a woman, think 'Would I do this for my best friend?' and if the answer is 'No. It'd be weird and a bit creepy', then remember not to do that.

What makes you think I would treat a woman like a "princess"? I find that a little patronising.

Also, what makes you think I want a woman to owe me? I've never done anything in my life only for another person's approval. The same reason I go to the gym and work hard for a career - because it's for me and no-one else. The last thing I will do is let a girl use sex to manipulate me or hold any kind of power over me whatsoever.

******* will be ******* and there's nothing we can do to change that. I work for myself, I enjoy myself and have a close circle of friends who I can rely on. I draw my own conclusions about women based on my own experiences and it's difficult for someone to argue against that when they haven't been through the same things I have or seen women for who they really are. At some point or another, women always show their true colours.

No denying that talking to women is definitely a skill that needs to be practised, but I've never had a problem talking to anyone, let alone women. They mean nothing to me as long as they continue behaving like this and I shall treat them with as little importance as they deserve. I get the impression that makes me more attractive to a girl rather than just sitting chatting to her normally, as that would get me moved to the friendzone.

Everything you've described above is why "nice guys finish last", and I hate the word "nice" in this context. Everyone seems to assume that being kind (that's a better word) to a girl is what every guy does just to get sex. We aren't stupid and we weren't born yesterday. Some of us are kind to everyone, whether they're attractive or not. Shame that girls use that against us to make themselves feel better - they're insecure AF. These hoes ain't loyal, they rotate. Never give her anything she can use to hold any kind of power over you.
yep dis me 4ever alon

Spoiler

You're in high school, you're not even remotely forever alone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending