The Student Room Group

Are gcse grades really important to do medicine

Are gcse grades really important for doing med in universites? I got 1A* 5As 1B and 1C?? Is this really baddd?? Will they not even give me a chance?
Bump
Reply 2
Only some universities actually score GCSEs (Cardiff, Edinburgh, Queens, Birmingham are the GCSE heavy ones), most of them just want an A or B in the Sciences, English language and Maths. What did you get the B and C in?
Original post by 12ksmith
Bump

What do u mean?
Original post by khookie
Only some universities actually score GCSEs (Cardiff, Edinburgh, Queens, Birmingham are the GCSE heavy ones), most of them just want an A or B in the Sciences, English language and Maths. What did you get the B and C in?

C for maths and B for history
Original post by Mayflower320
What do u mean?

When someone ‘bumps’ something it means they are interested in what the answer might be. It’s basically a way of following the conversation.
Reply 6
C for maths and B for history

Some universities won't accept the C in Maths (Bristol of the top of my head, can't remember the rest though). You should look into entry requirements of all the medical schools and see which ones accept a C in Maths.
Original post by khookie
Some universities won't accept the C in Maths (Bristol of the top of my head, can't remember the rest though). You should look into entry requirements of all the medical schools and see which ones accept a C in Maths.

Well tbh...I got a 5 which is the new system..and can be considered a C/B ...
Are gcse grades really important for doing med in universites? I got 1A* 5As 1B and 1C?? Is this really baddd?? Will they not even give me a chance?
See here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3272075

Your thread has been moved into this sub-forum so that you'll hopefully get the replies you're after.:smile:
Reply 9
Well tbh...I got a 5 which is the new system..and can be considered a C/B ...

Bristol will want an A in Maths, and so will some others. Most of them require a B or a C though, but like I said, you should read the entry requirements, as they might mention what they require with the numerical grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending