The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

GIRL you just need to OWN your height !!! Dont let it drag you down! the worst thing is to see someone who has a great tall height but droops evrywhere because shes insecure about it. im only 5'5 and i WISHHHH i was at least 5'7 D: ... but thats not the point, just cuz ur tall doesnt mean you have to be a model, use your height to your advantage in other ways (youll look good in basically any clothes, especially skinny jeans and maxi dresses or any dresses!) and you can still rock heels gurl--- forget about what others say you be you boo boo ! honestly theres someone for evryone take the netherlends for example they basically have the tallest population where the average is 6 foot!!!! your height does not define you hun xxx
Original post by Imzy010
GIRL you just need to OWN your height !!!

*cringe*
Being tall is awesome, embrace it! Don't listen to whoever told you not to wear heals, what do they know. If you feel good in them, rock that look!

I understand what you mean, I'm 5ft 10 as well and sometimes just feel huge. Sometimes I long to be small and petite so I could just, you know, not stand out as much. But there is nothing we can do to alter our height, so we'll just have to roll with it. It is pretty cool when you think about it though, I love being able to see over crowds and reach high things etc

If you feel confident enough you should definitely take up on the modelling offers. If they offered, they obviously think you have something special. Go for it :smile:

Tall girls rock x
This post is a year old and hopefully not relevant :biggrin: but I am a 5'11" girl myself and the older I get, the less *** I could give about it. Yes, it can be uncomfortable or a bit awkward at times and yes, shopping is difficult but you just learn to live with it and like it!
no wayyy i would love to be that tall, i'm only 5ft4 :frown: there's a girl at my work and she's 6ft and yet all the guys fancy the hell out of her so don't worry! there's plenty of tall guys out there and even if they're the same height/a bit smaller you can never really notice! it's such a small thing to care about and shouldn't stop you from dating someone just because of their height :smile:
I'm always told petite women are the luckiest. I'm 5'8 myself :frown:
Tall girls usually will have rocking legs and they gain weight better than the shorter girls, so that's an advantage. Tall girls can look fantastic.

Or they can look terrible. hard to say.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
*cringe*

your profile pic is cringe :yucky:
That's totally chill for a girl.
You will always find guys much taller than you.
I'd say it's way worse for guys who are 5' 3'.
I'm a girl around 5'11 and I have to tell you that I find being tall just fine. I was insecure for a while, and was teased about it when I was younger, but honestly I can say that I just become more comfortable with time, especially when some of the boys at schooled ended up growing to 6'4. There's really nothing wrong with it, and I happen to personally really like wearing heels. When I wear them, I almost always get complimented for them, and it makes me happy that they are looking past the extra few inches it adds. I really can't tell you how to become more secure about it, but I guess you have to realise that people just see a tall girl in the end, and in your case, they see a tall model-worthy girl. They don't see any sort of "super special" person or monster or whatever.
My mum is taller :nothing:
Go to a rugby game and you'll feel small, also might find your guy there as their locks (numbers 4 and 5) are always well over 6ft
Be appreciative of the fact you have legs(yes I’m assuming you have legs sorry if I’m incorrect).

5’8 is a cool height. I wish I was tall.
Original post by Imzy010
your profile pic is cringe :yucky:

So to girls your all like "gurll, OWN that s***!" but I don't get a "mmhmm boy OWN that bicep!"?? Sexist bish :colonhash:
Original post by queen-bee
I'm always told petite women are the luckiest. I'm 5'8 myself :frown:

You just need yourself a tall man, is all :h:
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
So to girls your all like "gurll, OWN that s***!" but I don't get a "mmhmm boy OWN that bicep!"?? Sexist bish :colonhash:

LMAOOOO :biggrin::colone: i wouldve said that to you too, who knows, but since u called my comment 'cringey' why would i make another 'cringey' comment about ur bicep???
Reply 36
Don't ever think about who you are and how you are.......it's always important to think, who you want to be....that's the thing decides our journey...dont loose your self confidence and be yourself..
Im 13 and the same height. Do you know how awful that is? For seventeen, its the perfect height.
I know the feeling,am
Original post by Valentinarose
I've been so insecure about my height for a long time now, is there a way I can shrink or like I don't know maybe get over this damn insecurity? Im 17 and I literally feel like I scare all the guys away because of my height, one even told me I'm even too tall to be wearing heels so I've stopped wearing them and haven't worn them since. I've got like a couple modelling offers for a while now and I don't know if I should take them. I feel like modelling is the only place where talks girls are appreciated and recognised, like it feels like it's our place other than that we're probably considered Giants.

You and me both girl!! Honestly I gave up caring and took on my role as literally 'the giant'

If you ever wanna talk about the tall girl struggles I'm right here fore ya!

Latest