The Student Room Group

The Student Room meet up!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SGHD26716
Actually thought it was you who started this thread.

I still think it's you who's Anonymous #1

Naa it's not me, a tsr meetup would be pretty fun tho.
Original post by Anonymous
Who thinks it would be cool to have a TSR meet up,
I was walking to school and it came to my head that if it were possible it would be cool if we could all organise to gather somewhere, then wear name tags as to which TSR user we are and make friends.
Obviously it's not possible but if it were possible who would join in :smile:

Edit: what's more cool if we would have actual debates face to face depending on the question posed in a thread. Also, we could have a small club of everyone who doesn't know if they want to do medicine and they can discuss it among themselves seeing as there's so many threads on "can I do medcine"
Exciting :biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
Bassicaly I'm someone well known on TSR and I didn't want people to know who I was...

This is a bit silly considering people would know who you are when you turn up :s-smilie:
Original post by Profesh
Great; I'll organise the sniper detachment.

:lolwhut:
Original post by Glassapple
I'm sure many people wouldn't react positively to my presence.

I'm sure most of us on TSR have similar personaities, so we'd get on just fine.
Original post by Profesh
Great; I'll organise the sniper detachment.

ha. we make a diabolical duo.

You can be Elaine.
Original post by Lepidolite
:lolwhut:

Frankly, I'm of the opinion that this particular herd is about due a well-deserved thinning.
Original post by Profesh
Frankly, I'm of the opinion that this particular herd is about due a well-deserved thinning.

I hope you're not serious, Lupin. Is that your worldview, honestly?
Original post by Lepidolite
I hope you're not serious, Lupin. Is that your worldview, honestly?

Cf.
Original post by Profesh

Ah, I think I understand. A deterrent for the 'wrong' sort?
Original post by Profesh

There may be hope for me yet? :colondollar:
You can try and arrange a meet up for TSRians but it's more likely going to fail just because not many people are going to turn up either because they are too embarrassed to come or they live far away from London. I personally live in London so any meet up here I can come to:wink: but....like I said I would be too embarrassed to show my loser self.
Original post by The RAR
You can try and arrange a meet up for TSRians but it's more likely going to fail just because not many people are going to turn up either because they are too embarrassed to come or they live far away from London. I personally live in London so any meet up here I can come to:wink: but....like I said I would be too embarrassed to show my loser self.

I live near london too, I do wish it were possible because i don't have many friends at school and I'd like to make freinds with people who have similar personalities to me :smile:
Original post by AppleB
It would turn into WW3 especially between ISOC and Plantagenet Crown.

Not really. ISOC can’t even refute the criticisms of their own religion behind the anonymity of the Internet, let alone in real life!
Original post by President Snow
I'm pretty sure there have been at least two succeasful meetups in TSR history.

Certainly.

I've been to 4 of them.
Original post by Drewski
Certainly.

I've been to 4 of them.

did you get loads of ice cream...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Bang Outta Order
did you get laid

Yes, a meeting at a pub in the middle of the day in central Manchester turned into an orgy. Obviously.
Original post by Drewski
Yes, a meeting at a pub in the middle of the day in central Manchester turned into an orgy. Obviously.

lol don't take that tone with me, you didn't say where it was. And I was taking the piss. You know, joking? Obviously.
Original post by Drewski

oh since you said Manchester the whole orgy in the middle of a pub thing sounds likely.

Spoiler

Original post by Bang Outta Order
lol don't take that tone with me, you didn't say where it was. And I was taking the piss. You know, joking? Obviously.

I'll take whatever tone I like, tbh.

The notion that this site, that's been active for well over a decade, hasn't lead to people meeting up before is just so far below the level of stupid that it doesn't really warrant a response.

I know of several TSR marriages, several TSR babies. There was a TSR ski trip a few years ago where 40 members of the forum went on holiday together, there was The Back Room where subs, under the old system, arranged meets every other week.

Quick Reply

Latest