The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Postgraduate Maintenance Fees

Hi everyone,

I am applying for a Masters and I don't quite understand maintenance fees. It says on the course fees that I should expect to pay a minimum of £12,595 maintenance - yet the colleges I want to apply for like Darwin, Selwyn etc. cost about £4-5k in one years rent. Why are they saying it'll cost so much?

Thank you!
Original post by Georgiajulie.x
Hi everyone,

I am applying for a Masters and I don't quite understand maintenance fees. It says on the course fees that I should expect to pay a minimum of £12,595 maintenance - yet the colleges I want to apply for like Darwin, Selwyn etc. cost about £4-5k in one years rent. Why are they saying it'll cost so much?

Thank you!

Without knowing where you saw £12,595 from.....
Isn’t the maintenance including rent plus cost of living while ‘rent’ on Darwin & Selwyn are just rent?

Btw this forum is mainly for undergraduate application, so it may be better to post in Postgraduate forum or send email to the university/colleges.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by vincrows
Isn’t the maintenance including rent plus cost of living while ‘rent’ on Darwin & Selwyn are just rent?

Btw this forum is mainly for undergraduate application, so it may be better to post in Postgraduate forum or send email to the university/colleges.

Okay thank you, I'll try get an image of where I got that figure from and I'll find the postgrad bit, thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by vincrows

Original post by Georgiajulie.x
Okay thank you, I'll try get an image of where I got that figure from and I'll find the postgrad bit, thanks!

Probably here:
http://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/finance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending