The Student Room Group

Did I cheat?? ADVICE PLEASE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cheesecakelove
If you can guess how he will react, perhaps you are better off not mentioning it, especially if he will make a big deal about it and keep asking you questions. Try to focus on the problems causing the arguments rather than this issue.

Ok I just hope he doesn't bring it up.
Original post by Jennifer303
My boyfriend also said why would you tell him anyways he probably just wanted sex off you. Little does he know we planned to meet but I didn't ! I cancelled and said maybe next week because I felt bad that I took out his time to listen to my problems. And my boyfriend was right !he started to flirt after 4 days. I said to him why do you keep complimenting me lol. And did say to him if your going to call me babe don't talk to me. Anyways moral of the story is I'm starting not to feel guilty because there is nothing to tell him I've told him I spoke to the guy just not told him how long. If he asks do I lie to avoid more allegations and suspicions of him?

In any relationship, each person has to trust each other. If he is jealous and fixated on this other guy, do you think he is in the right? You need to deal with the issues causing your arguments and break up. It may be something that you can't resolve, only time will tell. It is a little foolish of you to talk to the other guy when you knew he was flirting with you but you didn't do anything awful. You shouldn't lie but you shouldn't tell him the entire truth about it either. Just state that you talked to the guy, that is the end. If you are both serious about reconciling, try to solve your other problems first.
Ok I just hope he doesn't bring it up.

Do I lie if he says did you plan to meet or how long we spoke for
Original post by cheesecakelove
In any relationship, each person has to trust each other. If he is jealous and fixated on this other guy, do you think he is in the right? You need to deal with the issues causing your arguments and break up. It may be something that you can't resolve, only time will tell. It is a little foolish of you to talk to the other guy when you knew he was flirting with you but you didn't do anything awful. You shouldn't lie but you shouldn't tell him the entire truth about it either. Just state that you talked to the guy, that is the end. If you are both serious about reconciling, try to solve your other problems first.

Yes I'm just scared if he asks how long did you speak or if we planned to meet. Also he asks do I have his number and I said 'no'. I did have it but deleted it and blocked.
Yes I'm just scared if he asks how long did you speak or if we planned to meet. Also he asks do I have his number and I said 'no'. I did have it but deleted it and blocked.

If he does ask, just say that you spoke for a few days but never met. Tell him you don't have his number. Tell him to stop interrogating you too.
You didn't cheat.
Reading your text was a quite painful, please work on your punctuation.
Reply 26
I know! Sorry I'm just so stressed about it. Everyone's telling me not to tell him because there's nothing to tell but imagine he asks? What do I do. Have I cheated because in his head we wasn't over ? I told him the reason I deleted him was because out of respect for my boyfriend when he came back.

How it is even possible to Anon fail in this day and age?

In the old days on TSR it was indeed possible because each time you wanted to post anon in a thread you had to re-tick the Anon box and there were times people just forgot to do that and exposed themselves, ....but these days on TSR the Anon box automatically stays ticked once you post Anon on a thread, meaning you have to actually physically un-tick the box yourself to Anon fail ...meaning it's almost impossible to Anon fail now

so how on earth did you do it?
Reply 27
Original post by Anonymous
So me and my boyfriend got into a huge argument and broke up after about 4/5 days he came back and we're resolving it currently.
I thought it was over he try to say to me In his head it wasn't he just needed time away and said we was ( childish).

This guy I use to speak to before my boyfriend him and I use to speak deeply about his ex girlfriend and he wanted advice ect and help on his relationship with her. I stopped talking to him when I got with my boyfriend.

The day me and my boyfriend broke up I messaged him and called him and said what happened with me and my boyfriend I was crying all day about it. After we got off the phone we spoke on messages for about 4days on and off about gym , my boyfriend. Ex at the time , summer ect.... he then started complimenting me and I avoided it because I didn't think much of it. He said to meet up to talk or grab something to eat I agreed but never was going to go I just cancelled, I felt bad for him giving me advice on my break up so I just agreed and told him I will but cancelled. He then started talking about my body and stuff because I said I've been loosing weight and want to go gym , he then said he wanted to feel and touch my body and that's when I completely went crazy at him on messages I then blocked him.

My boyfriend came back on that day in the night and we spoke ect, I told him I spoke to a guy about the relationship he was Abit angry but I didn't say why I stopped talking to and that we was planning to meet.

I feel sooooooo guilty my friends say there's nothing To feel guilty about because I didn't flirt or anything but I know how my boyfriend would take it he would go crazy and never trust me. The boy and him don't know eachother. Deep down inside I feel like telling him so I don't have this on my head but everyone telling me that there's nothing to tell. Because he said in his head it wasn't over made me feel so guilty and stuff. The fact that on the Same day I spoke to the guy made me feel guilty also.

Your friends are right tho. You deliberately didn't do anything. It's not like you told him to touch you or stuff like that. So, that means that you didn't cheat. Try to forget about it and move on.
If your boyfriend gets angry about you seeking help from someone you thought could be trusted based off of past experiences then he needs to step back and analyse the situation you really did nothing wrong. It's the other dude saw someone who was in a vulnerable place and tried to take advantage of you, if your boyfriend can see that he was the one that initiated the flirting then he should understand that your not to blame. Also you didn't cheat when you saw things turning towards something more then (what sounds like) a passing friendship you quickly backed away from him. You did the right thing it's plain to see and good luck resolving your problems with your boyfriend.
Why? Please I feel very guilty it's been over my head for days now

LOLOOLOLLLOLOOLOLLOOLOLOLLOLOOLOLOLLOOLOLOLOLOL everyone on this forum now knows that jennifer303 made the post.
Original post by Anonymous
So me and my boyfriend got into a huge argument and broke up after about 4/5 days he came back and we're resolving it currently.
I thought it was over he try to say to me In his head it wasn't he just needed time away and said we was ( childish).

This guy I use to speak to before my boyfriend him and I use to speak deeply about his ex girlfriend and he wanted advice ect and help on his relationship with her. I stopped talking to him when I got with my boyfriend.

The day me and my boyfriend broke up I messaged him and called him and said what happened with me and my boyfriend I was crying all day about it. After we got off the phone we spoke on messages for about 4days on and off about gym , my boyfriend. Ex at the time , summer ect.... he then started complimenting me and I avoided it because I didn't think much of it. He said to meet up to talk or grab something to eat I agreed but never was going to go I just cancelled, I felt bad for him giving me advice on my break up so I just agreed and told him I will but cancelled. He then started talking about my body and stuff because I said I've been loosing weight and want to go gym , he then said he wanted to feel and touch my body and that's when I completely went crazy at him on messages I then blocked him.

My boyfriend came back on that day in the night and we spoke ect, I told him I spoke to a guy about the relationship he was Abit angry but I didn't say why I stopped talking to and that we was planning to meet.

I feel sooooooo guilty my friends say there's nothing To feel guilty about because I didn't flirt or anything but I know how my boyfriend would take it he would go crazy and never trust me. The boy and him don't know eachother. Deep down inside I feel like telling him so I don't have this on my head but everyone telling me that there's nothing to tell. Because he said in his head it wasn't over made me feel so guilty and stuff. The fact that on the Same day I spoke to the guy made me feel guilty also.

nop you've done nothing wrong he came on to you and you rejected him just like if you went to a club with your girl friends and someone came on to you and you said sorry I've got a boyfriend. thats all it's not cheating at all.
OP you did nothing with him except talk?????? How is that cheating then! DW about it
OMAE. Grow yourself a ****ing spine, and perhaps a modicum of self-esteem to boot.
You didn't cheat. Not even close.
There is nothing to worry about! You didn’t do ANYTHING WRONG so just move on
Honestly it doesn't sound like you did anything wrong here. You were just talking to that guy, its not your fault he was flirty. Just tell your boyfriend the truth and if he can't handle it, then just break up with him for good; since he obviously has a lot of trust issues. It's really not going to work being with someone who doesn't trust you at all, but that is just my opinion. There is definitely no reason to feel guilty.
Yes, people will excuse anything these days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending