The Student Room Group

My uni is absolute rubbish. Should i drop out?

I'm studying engineering and only in 10 hours a week (Second year). The lectures are slow. The tutorials are even slower. I feel like I'm wasting 9k a year tbh. I don't know if I'm expecting too much because my coursemates are saying the pace is perfect/too quick.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm studying engineering and only in 10 hours a week (Second year). The lectures are slow. The tutorials are even slower. I feel like I'm wasting 9k a year tbh. I don't know if I'm expecting too much because my coursemates are saying the pace is perfect/too quick.

Does that mean dropping out of uni altogether.

As you have activated year 2 funding then you do not have enough left for a new degree, so your only other option is to find a uni to take you as a transfer into year 2.

Your choice.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Does that mean dropping out of uni altogether.

As you have activated year 2 funding then you do not have enough left for a new degree, so your only other option is to find a uni to take you as a transfer into year 2.

Your choice.

Taking a year out and working. And apply to another university

I cant offer advice either way as its your choice, just weigh up the pros and cons.

You have to i'd someone wiling to take you into second year. I can empathise with being on a rubbish course and would transfer if the option was open and it cost me a gap year. If you left for compelling personal reasons and with GP advice, then heres a chance you could put a CPR claim in and get sfe to disregard this years funds.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
I cant offer advice either way as its your choice, just weigh up the pros and cons.

You have to id someone wiling to take you into second year. I can empathise with being on a rubbish course and would transfer if the option was open and it cost me a gap year. Ig you left for compelling personal reasons and with GP advice, then heres a chance you could put a CPR claim in and get sfe to disregard this years funds.

Can you spell properly? What does "id" and "Ig" and "sfe" mean?

You’ve already started using year two funding. If you take a year out and reapply you will have to pay the first years fees yourself.
Is it really worth it?
Original post by HenryHaite

Hilaire.
Reply 7

Pretty sure the last one is student finance.

Just finish your degree
Original post by UWS

Well id in that sense meant identify but I see it’s now been edited to i’d Which makes zero sense at all!!!!!!
The ig should have been if.

Try the Open University. You can go as fast or as slow (to a degree) as you like. My course hasn't started but I'm three weeks ahead. It's also £958 for 60 credits so just under £2k for one year (about £5k a year in England). The degrees are accredited and recognised. The OU is a well respected distance learning uni. :smile: They accept transfers of credits as well.
How did you do in first year? Do you go to a respected university? I think you should finish the course.

LMAO, this made me laugh more than it should have.
Student Finance England.

SFW = Student Finance Wales. :smile:

Original post by UWS
Original post by king leonidas
lmao, this made me laugh more than it should have.

this. Is. Spartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A 2.1 is a 2.1. And try to get some work experience (volunteer work, interships, networking etc).

You've come this far, I think you should finish it, after how far you've come.

You could be able to transfer into the 2nd year at a different university.
(edited 6 years ago)
Why bother, if the pace is slow you must have it pretty easy right? Like if it's so slow for you you must surely be easily averaging a first? So get a good grade and enjoy the time you have left, get a job and save up some money or something, sounds nice to me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending