The Student Room Group

2018 Veterinary applicants

Scroll to see replies

I want to apply for Surrey but only have 3 references on headed paper, rip.
Quite a lot of people applying to surrey!

Where else is everyone applying to???
Original post by VictiniCup
I want to apply for Surrey but only have 3 references on headed paper, rip.

some of mine aren't on headed paper, or they didn't sign them...
I've opted to show them with the email attached
Original post by sophielophie
some of mine aren't on headed paper, or they didn't sign them...
I've opted to show them with the email attached

Most of mine have been signed so I guess I should be fine.
Hi all,

I am a mature applicant applying to vet med for 2018/19. I have a BSc an MSc and did the IB instead of A-levels. I didn't do chemistry at IB so i can't apply to graduate entry, but that's no issue really, only one extra year. I have my own business working with dogs, got 3 months experience in an animal testing lab, 2 weeks at a vets, some days at a kennels, an abattoir and an alpaca farm. Also did a load of farm work during my degree and masters which I am including though it is after the cut off date for RVC. Just waiting on one more week at a vets then I'll send in my application. Applying to Notts, Surrey, Bristol and RVC. This deadline is getting mighty close!

:smile: (:
I'm currently on a gap year, and I am applying to Nottingham, Bristol, Surrey and Liverpool. Just waiting for my reference and then my application can be submitted.
I'm feeling very excited but nervous at the same time
Original post by cmbn
Hi all,

I am a mature applicant applying to vet med for 2018/19. I have a BSc an MSc and did the IB instead of A-levels. I didn't do chemistry at IB so i can't apply to graduate entry, but that's no issue really, only one extra year. I have my own business working with dogs, got 3 months experience in an animal testing lab, 2 weeks at a vets, some days at a kennels, an abattoir and an alpaca farm. Also did a load of farm work during my degree and masters which I am including though it is after the cut off date for RVC. Just waiting on one more week at a vets then I'll send in my application. Applying to Notts, Surrey, Bristol and RVC. This deadline is getting mighty close!

:smile: (:

Original post by sophielophie
I'm currently on a gap year, and I am applying to Nottingham, Bristol, Surrey and Liverpool. Just waiting for my reference and then my application can be submitted.
I'm feeling very excited but nervous at the same time

All the very best of luck to you both, exciting times! :biggrin:
Application sent... Now the waiting begins :biggrin:
So I was looking on RVC's website and I noticed there was something on there about making them aware before the application deadline if there were any dates you definitely couldn't do for interviews, as they may not be able to rearrange your interview for another date. For example, I know I have my driving test at the beginning of December and wouldn't be able to rearrange this around an interview. Does anyone know if/how I should contact them and if other unis have a similar policy? Is there some way to do it on UCAS or should I just email them and ask? Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Nessie162
Application sent... Now the waiting begins :biggrin:

Mine got sent today too!
Original post by luberry
So I was looking on RVC's website and I noticed there was something on there about making them aware before the application deadline if there were any dates you definitely couldn't do for interviews, as they may not be able to rearrange your interview for another date. For example, I know I have my driving test at the beginning of December and wouldn't be able to rearrange this around an interview. Does anyone know if/how I should contact them and if other unis have a similar policy? Is there some way to do it on UCAS or should I just email them and ask? Thanks in advance :smile:

Last year, they sent the date/time of your interview and if you couldn't do it and had a legitimate reason they were fine with rearranging it.
Original post by pacb10
Last year, they sent the date/time of your interview and if you couldn't do it and had a legitimate reason they were fine with rearranging it.

Oh okay, thank you :smile:
hey! I'm applying for the 3 gateway vet meds this year and 2 zoology degrees. my chemistry teacher is predicting me a B so unfortunately I cant do the 5 year one. is anyone else applying to gateway?
Reply 533
Hi! (New here) - has anyone applied to Bristol vet med yet this year, and if you have then have you had the work experience and professional and personal attributes (wepapa) form emailed through yet? It has to be done in one sitting (can't save to come back later etc), so I'm just wondering if anyone knows the kinds of things you need to have with you before you fill it out?
Thanks!
Does anyone know any of the survey deadlines for vet med? Looking at surrey, rvc, notts and edinburgh. Sending off my application soon, my college need to approve everything.
RVC is 15th October and Edinburgh 22nd October. I think Notts send theirs out and you have a certain amount of time to complete it. I'm not sure re Surrey but I think it is similar to Notts?

Original post by VictiniCup
Does anyone know any of the survey deadlines for vet med? Looking at surrey, rvc, notts and edinburgh. Sending off my application soon, my college need to approve everything.
Original post by animalmagic
RVC is 15th October and Edinburgh 22nd October. I think Notts send theirs out and you have a certain amount of time to complete it. I'm not sure re Surrey but I think it is similar to Notts?

Right, im gonna ask around at college to see if I can get mine put in early. Already stressing out about getting it in.
Also got a C in AS maths, is it reasonable to be predicted an A.
My school has been such a let down with my personal statement. I'm the first person to have ever of applied to veterinary from my school and they seem to be giving me alot of conflicting advice. Alot of the advice is better suited to someone applying to medicine. Is there anyone experienced in the world of personal statements that would be able to give it a read?
Have a look here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2317443 where you will find specific advice. There is also a personal statement checking service run by vet students on this site I believe. I'll see if I can find the email address that you need to send it to.

Original post by idree5
My school has been such a let down with my personal statement. I'm the first person to have ever of applied to veterinary from my school and they seem to be giving me alot of conflicting advice. Alot of the advice is better suited to someone applying to medicine. Is there anyone experienced in the world of personal statements that would be able to give it a read?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending