The Student Room Group

im too tired to study...help

im ill and i didnt study yesterday and all i want to do now is sleep.

im in year 13

help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aj89754
im ill and i didnt study yesterday and all i want to do now is sleep.

im in year 13

help

I know how that is, it's horrible. Depends if you're on a tight deadline? If not I'd sleep and catch up when you're not ill. Sleep is pretty important when you're ill.
Reply 2
Original post by lukauu
I know how that is, it's horrible. Depends if you're on a tight deadline? If not I'd sleep and catch up when you're not ill. Sleep is pretty important when you're ill.

Not going to lie but i have alot of stress of my hands. I have a coursework thats due tomorrow, im very close to finishing it but i just dont know what to write. I then have another coursework due right after which i havent even started because the first one. I just cba for today, people have pissed me off and now im like stressing over everything
Original post by aj89754
Not going to lie but i have alot of stress of my hands. I have a coursework thats due tomorrow, im very close to finishing it but i just dont know what to write. I then have another coursework due right after which i havent even started because the first one. I just cba for today, people have pissed me off and now im like stressing over everything

Don't worry mate. The key is to START, you say you don't know what to write but start writing anything. Once you've started on it it should come naturally. This is my ongoing process in studying at degree level: leave everything to last minute including studying, panicking and dreading doing it but once I've started I breeeze through (never mind the fact I have to stay up all night with no sleep and write a load of crap if I have to), your mind likes the challenge in the end. Then I feel happy and sleep. But if you truly can't stay up sleep for a while. Honestly a rushed and half assed essay is better than a zero mark! You'll pull through.
sleep. then actually do work. otherwise you will put about 20% effort in if you stay awake.
Reply 5
Original post by lukauu
Don't worry mate. The key is to START, you say you don't know what to write but start writing anything. Once you've started on it it should come naturally. This is my ongoing process in studying at degree level: leave everything to last minute including studying, panicking and dreading doing it but once I've started I breeeze through (never mind the fact I have to stay up all night with no sleep and write a load of crap if I have to), your mind likes the challenge in the end. Then I feel happy and sleep. But if you truly can't stay up sleep for a while. Honestly a rushed and half assed essay is better than a zero mark! You'll pull through.

I dont know if you are doing BTEC but I am doing BTEC business. My unit at the moment consists of the 3 modules: Pass 1, Merit 1, Distinction 1. I finished pass 1 and I am currently doing Merit 1. I just feel like I wont even achieve the merit because im so stressed and i dont even feel like i done it properly because my teacher isnt helpful at all and its making me feel useless. I need to achieve DMM or DDM max
Original post by aj89754
I dont know if you are doing BTEC but I am doing BTEC business. My unit at the moment consists of the 3 modules: Pass 1, Merit 1, Distinction 1. I finished pass 1 and I am currently doing Merit 1. I just feel like I wont even achieve the merit because im so stressed and i dont even feel like i done it properly because my teacher isnt helpful at all and its making me feel useless. I need to achieve DMM or DDM max

I've done something like that on an access course. That sucks that your teacher isn't motivating you. Most people find self-study with textbooks bought online to be the most effective. Also Youtube videos to explain concepts.

When I was doing my essay a lot of it was me googling everything. Google things and rewrite them in your own words LOL. Honestly, you'll probably do better than you think. When I think I've wrote *******s my tutor says it's good. Good times.

You are most likely over complicating everything. Which is easy to do.
Meh, I think I do quite well sleep deprived.
Reply 8
Original post by lukauu
I've done something like that on an access course. That sucks that your teacher isn't motivating you. Most people find self-study with textbooks bought online to be the most effective. Also Youtube videos to explain concepts.

When I was doing my essay a lot of it was me googling everything. Google things and rewrite them in your own words LOL. Honestly, you'll probably do better than you think. When I think I've wrote *******s my tutor says it's good. Good times.

LOOL i literally do that. I think thats where I got my merit from in health and social care in august loool.
But this coursework is for business and its 1 a level in 1 year (i dropped philosophy) so the stress is obvious.
Reply 9
Original post by lukauu

You are most likely over complicating everything. Which is easy to do.

ngl really bad overthinker
Original post by lukauu
Meh, I think I do quite well sleep deprived.

meh, i didn't ask
Original post by aj89754
LOOL i literally do that. I think thats where I got my merit from in health and social care in august loool.
But this coursework is for business and its 1 a level in 1 year (i dropped philosophy) so the stress is obvious.

I also went on Yahoo Answers and directly copied the questions for tests and let other people answer them. I'm terrible. But desperate times call for desperate measures lmao. See so you can do it! I do Engineering and I know you can feel out of your depth but you can do it!! Nobody's going to grasp every concept asap.
You gave a statement that was generalised and isn't accurate for all people at all. I don't care if you didn't ask, but cheers for turning this hostile.
Reply 13
Original post by lukauu
I also went on Yahoo Answers and directly copied the questions for tests and let other people answer them. I'm terrible. But desperate times call for desperate measures lmao. See so you can do it! I do Engineering and I know you can feel out of your depth but you can do it!! Nobody's going to grasp every concept asap.

na im not risking yahoo answers. lol. im not that desperate, i only use information from legitimate sites but thank uuu
Original post by lukauu
You gave a statement that was generalised and isn't accurate for all people at all. I don't care if you didn't ask, but cheers for turning this hostile.

my statement was a piece of advice for op. chill.
My reply was my perspective and not an attack on you at all. chill.
Original post by aj89754
na im not risking yahoo answers. lol. im not that desperate, i only use information from legitimate sites but thank uuu

No no not for coursework these were computer marked tests that don't really make up a lot of the marks. HOWEVER, Yahoo can be a good source when you can't find information online, it's just a quicker way of finding information. The people on there are SO helpful and nice. They saved me numerous times haha. Don't judge :wink:.
Try and plan things out: e.g. when you are going to work on what.
I dont suggest napping for 10 mins but at night try to make sure you are not distraccted or stressed and get a good sleep; itll make a world of difference.
As Im only in year 11 finishing GCSE I cant relate to your exact situation, but I do know the feeling of not having the energy to work, and its not a good one.
Original post by lukauu
My reply was my perspective and not an attack on you at all. chill.

kl
Grow up.

Quick Reply

Latest