The Student Room Group

Why is my [17 M] crush [17 F] shy around me at school but not shy at parties/online?

She knows I like her and has a "rebound" boyfriend according to her friends (I found out at a party and one of her friends specifically said that he was a rebound to make her ex jealous). They started going out two or so weeks after the break up.

On to the main bit. She sometimes looks at me and she almost always looks down instantly. She is normally shy around me in school but she is normally flirty on snapchat or at parties.

We were at a party (same one where I found about the rebound) and she seemed really happy when I showed up late. She also slapped my ass with a rubber chicken and ran away laughing. She kinda paused and looked at me for about 5 seconds before doing it. I was laughing too.

Her ex kissed her best friend (who was in a relationship) at the party and I texted my crush to see if her best friend and her boyfriend were still together and she said they were. I replied with "what (ex) did was messed up" and she said it "wasn't that bad" and I agreed with "it was only a kiss" and she replied with "you know yourself" with a winking face, kinda implying that she might go out with me at some point.

Her snaps are always of her face looking to the side with her mouth open or her looking at the camera with wide eyes.

I just don't get why she is shy around me at school, sometimes she does look at me quite a bit and smiles when she sees me.
She's usually quite extroverted, forgot to say that in the question.
She slapped your ass with a "rubber chicken"
WHAT THE FOOK?!
Could she be looking down a lot because she doesn't want to show me her feelings (if she does like me?) because she likes me but doesn't want me to be a rebound?
Original post by saggy titties
She slapped your ass with a "rubber chicken"
WHAT THE FOOK?!

She found a fake rubber chicken and I was looking in the fridge, noticed her standing beside me, looking at me and then hit me running off laughing lol.

I asked where she got it the next day after asking about the couple and she couldn't remember.
She has been getting friendlier as the year goes on too, she was quite cold at the start of the year.
So she is starting to see me as someone she can feel comfortable around? Great! She is already comfortable around me at parties, she did that thing where you point at someone while flicking your wrists when I showed up late. That could be a good sign right?
She was smiling while doing it but I shouldn't look too much into that.
She had her resting face on before she saw me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending