The Student Room Group

Should I do the 'Access to bristol' scheme?

I have been accepted to do the 'Access to Bristol' Scheme. I have heard that this is very beneficial for your UCAS application and your personal statement. However, I am not quite sure HOW beneficial.
This is because the course clashes with a few of my further maths lessons. I am trying to get some of my lessons reorganised so that I do not miss anything important.
I am currently trying to decide whether to do Engineering or MORSE at uni so I am guessing these sessions would be useful as I have been accepted to do engineering.
Should I do the Access to Bristol scheme even if I miss a few further maths lessons? How beneficial is the Access to uni scheme?
Original post by Crapaud8
I have been accepted to do the 'Access to Bristol' Scheme. I have heard that this is very beneficial for your UCAS application and your personal statement. However, I am not quite sure HOW beneficial.
This is because the course clashes with a few of my further maths lessons. I am trying to get some of my lessons reorganised so that I do not miss anything important.
I am currently trying to decide whether to do Engineering or MORSE at uni so I am guessing these sessions would be useful as I have been accepted to do engineering.
Should I do the Access to Bristol scheme even if I miss a few further maths lessons? How beneficial is the Access to uni scheme?

honestly not beneficial at all. they make it sound rlly good but further reading is much more valuble than it. It doesnt really show you are good/interested in something, it just shows your school can make travel arrangements to bristol pretty much lol
It'll give a reduced offer which can be helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
If you're considering doing engineering at uni, then it would be good to do it to help you decide. I guess it depends on whether you want to have to catch up on further maths - though if it only clashes with a few it should be manageable.
Original post by Crapaud8

Yes you might be grateful for dropping a grade. Talk to FM teacher and find a workaround .
Just consider the impact that might have, if you end up missing out on your first offer due to dropping a grade in the end because you missed FM lessons then you might regret taking the Access to Bristol course, especially if you didn't gain that much from it. If you are confident in your FM ability then the additional course won't do any harm.
Original post by fxlloutboyy
It'll give a reduced offer which can be helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For bristol only.

Original post by Ethereal Consort
Just consider the impact that might have, if you end up missing out on your first offer due to dropping a grade in the end because you missed FM lessons then you might regret taking the Access to Bristol course, especially if you didn't gain that much from it. If you are confident in your FM ability then the additional course won't do any harm.

Quick Reply

Latest