The Student Room Group

Applying to university being Lithuanian

Hi, I was born and raised in Lithuania and have a Lithuanian passport however when i was 12 I moved to the Uk and completed my GCSEs here. I am doing A levels now and am in year 13. I am going to be applyin to university soon and was wondering will anything be different for me as I am lithuanian. I have been living in the Uk for over 5 years now so I am hoping I can get the funding? Does anyone know how it works and can help me? Thank you for taking your time to read this.
Original post by Giving
Hi, I was born and raised in Lithuania and have a Lithuanian passport however when i was 12 I moved to the Uk and completed my GCSEs here. I am doing A levels now and am in year 13. I am going to be applyin to university soon and was wondering will anything be different for me as I am lithuanian. I have been living in the Uk for over 5 years now so I am hoping I can get the funding? Does anyone know how it works and can help me? Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Resident 5 years prior to 1 September the year your course starts. Then you can apply for maintenance and fees. So yes.

Under current student finance rules, EU students are eligible to receive undergraduate tuition fee loans and Master’s loans if they have resided in the European Economic Area for at least 3 years prior to study. EU nationals who have resided in the UK for over 5 years are also able to apply for undergraduate maintenance support. Similarly, under EU law, EU students are also eligible for home fee status, which means they are charged the same tuition fees as UK students. Other non-EU, international students do not have their tuition fees capped in this way.

Quick Reply

Latest