The Student Room Group

Should I do the A Levels which I love or the ones that will get me into a good Uni?

I'm debating whether I should do A Levels that I truly love or just do A Levels which I kinda like and that will get me into Uni? I love Politics, Economics, Psychology, History but to get into a good university it would be ideal for me to do Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History. I'm good at Maths however I question whether two maths courses will be a burden on me.
Original post by theeetimdoherty
I'm debating whether I should do A Levels that I truly love or just do A Levels which I kinda like and that will get me into Uni? I love Politics, Economics, Psychology, History but to get into a good university it would be ideal for me to do Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History. I'm good at Maths however I question whether two maths courses will be a burden on me.

What is it you want to study at university?
Original post by claireestelle
What is it you want to study at university?

My dream would be to study PPE at Oxford or Economics at Cambridge. Something along those lines.
My dream would be to study PPE at Oxford or Economics at Cambridge. Something along those lines.

Maths A level is a must, especially economics at Cambridge lol

Given you'd like to study PPE at Oxford - Compromise. Take Maths because it's either highly recommended or necessary for PPE (not too sure which one) but switch out your plans to take Further Maths for Politics or Psychology.

You absolutely have to do at least single maths for PPE or economics, they're non-negotiable and you will be rejected from Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, etc. without it. All of those would prefer it if you did further maths, it's compulsory for LSE economics.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by FloralHybrid
Given you'd like to study PPE at Oxford - Compromise. Take Maths because it's either highly recommended or necessary for PPE (not too sure which one) but switch out your plans to take Further Maths for Politics or Psychology.

(As well as definitely necessary for economics)

Quick Reply

Latest