The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ostara1
Counter fraud services have unfairly deemed me unfit for student finance, I have recently appealed, has anyone gone through this what is the chance of winning the appeal?

How can anyone say? They dont know the details or your grounds for appeal.
just argue your case and find supporting evidence to counter or resolve their concerns.
Reply 2
I did not say I do not know the details, but I want to know how fair is the appeal process, or if there is any chance of winning, just want to get advise from someone who went thorough this?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ostara1
I did not say I do not know the details, but I want to know how fair is the appeal process, or if there is any chance of winning, just want to get advise from someone who went thorough this?

You must know why - do you have a CIFAS marker?
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
You must know why - do you have a CIFAS marker?

I asked you very honest and straight forward question and I hope some one would give me an honest answer, seriously I have been unfairly treated by the CFS, I have been hospitalised twice for depression because of this, just could some one honestly answer for my query please?
Reply 5
How fair is the Student Finance Appeal process?
Reply 6
Original post by ostara1
I asked you very honest and straight forward question and I hope some one would give me an honest answer, seriously I have been unfairly treated by the CFS, I have been hospitalised twice for depression because of this, just could some one honestly answer for my query please?

I've just asked you a question too, and that was your response. See the problem, here?
Reply 7
Original post by IWMTom
I've just asked you a question too, and that was your response. See the problem, here?

They accused me something which I even confused to understand, but my question is have you been thorough this problem before?
Reply 8
Original post by ostara1
They accused me something which I even confused to understand, but my question is have you been thorough this problem before?

What did they accuse you of...

We can't advise if you don't tell us what's going on, lmfao.
Reply 9
I am reluctant to go to the media and speak publicly, if their is unfairness in this world I am just facing it.

I am waiting how the appeal process ends, then I will speak to the media as I already get scheduled interviews
Original post by ostara1

I said we dont know the details, so its hard to comment on the merits of your case.
I would have no reason to suspect its other than fair.

The idea that you have media interviews lined up makes me pessimistic about your case and your ability to put in an effective appeal.

They have seen something that causes them concern about your application. You wont say so people cant comment. No skin off anyones nose here. As the appeal is already in then you will just have to wait.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by 999tigger
I said we dont know the details, so its hard to comment on the merits of your case.

I just want to know how fair is the appeal process?
Reply 12
Original post by ostara1
I just want to know how fair is the appeal process?

If they've made a mistake, they'll rectify it. If they haven't, they won't.

If you've been flagged for fraud, there's a good reason for it. Spouting your mouth off to the media is going to do sod all.

I ask again, why are you flagged? I don't care if you don't understand it, tell us what went down, or stop complaining.
Reply 13
I have been told to not disclose the details whilst the appeal process has not finalised, the police and CIFAS both of them aware of the incident, I will let you know the outcome of the appeal though, although I am indeed bewildered and shocked to see the decision of the CFS, I sent them tens and dozens of evidences, but unfortunately none of them were considered, I even sent them a clear and well perspicuous evidences including a trustees witness reports, they did not even mention on their decision. I even sent them officials who want to talk to them on the phone and confirm with them, they refused to call them. Its very unfortunate though that even the staffs in that department are lacking the basic investigation procedures, they do not know what they are doing or what they are investigating for. I have never seen such a poor service in my entire life.
Reply 14
Original post by ostara1
I have been told to not disclose the details whilst the appeal process has not finalised, the police and CIFAS both of them aware of the incident, I will let you know the outcome of the appeal though, although I am indeed bewildered and shocked to see the decision of the CFS, I sent them tens and dozens of evidences, but unfortunately none of them were considered, I even sent them a clear and well perspicuous evidences including a trustees witness reports, they did not even mention on their decision. I even sent them officials who want to talk to them on the phone and confirm with them, they refused to call them. Its very unfortunate though that even the staffs in that department are lacking the basic investigation procedures, they do not know what they are doing or what they are investigating for. I have never seen such a poor service in my entire life.

Just the way you've phrased it makes it sound like you've committed some serious fraud before... and you can't comprehend why they won't loan you money? Why should they?
Reply 15
Original post by IWMTom
Just the way you've phrased it makes it sound like you've committed some serious fraud before... and you can't comprehend why they won't loan you money? Why should they?

I swear I have not, and I am hundred and ten percentage confident to myself, the last time I read the definition of fraud means "wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain". but why are you judging me like that when you even do not know me personally, I came this website for help and advise, I could not believe that you are insulting me like that, I am indeed very shocked. is that how you advise those who are seeking help and advise.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by ostara1

Speak to a lawyer or, at the very least, Citizens Advice not "the media".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by ostara1
I swear I have not, and I am hundred and ten percentage confident to myself, the last time I read the definition of fraud means "wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain". but why are you judging me like that when you even do not know me personally, I came this website for help and advise, I could not believe that you are insulting me like that, I am indeed very shocked. is that how you advise those who are seeking help and advise.

You mentioned police involvement... don't spout on about semantics of the word fraud, it's clear to me you've done something dodgy hence why you have been declined a loan.

Get over it.
Reply 18
Original post by Doonesbury
Speak to a lawyer or, at the very least, Citizens Advice not "the media".

Posted from TSR Mobile

The reason I am choosing to speak to the media is I want to show the injustice and unfairness, and I would like to clarify how they're abusing the power. I cannot illustrate by words the pain and agony I went thorough since I have been noticed. I was with journalist yesterday everyone I show my case is in surprise, I am just only waiting the decision from the appeal department. then I will speak to the national media.
Reply 19
Original post by IWMTom
You mentioned police involvement... don't spout on about semantics of the word fraud, it's clear to me you've done something dodgy hence why you have been declined a loan.

Get over it.

I am very polite, I will not be troll like you, but I am kindly asking you to not get involve my thread any more please, you are not helpful, you are indeed very abusive and aggressive. if you cannot give me advise, please stop commenting my thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending