The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine - Where do I go?

I want to study Vet Med, but i don't think my chances of getting in in the UK are high, so where could i go in Europe where they teach in english??
Im having trouble finding them!
Have a read of the UVM Kosice thread in this forum. That seems to be recommended by most who look to go abroad.

Original post by anniefeatherhop
I want to study Vet Med, but i don't think my chances of getting in in the UK are high, so where could i go in Europe where they teach in english??
Im having trouble finding them!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by animalmagic
Have a read of the UVN Kosice thread in this forum. That seems to be recommended by most who look to go abroad.

Thank you!!
wait, just to clarify,
UVM is for undergrad right?
But how do i prepare for the entry exam? and when and where do i take it..??
They do a 4 year graduate course and a 6 year undergraduate course. You take the exam in Kosice and it is biology and chemistry questions to A level standard as far as I understand (unless this has changed, I am reading the thread and have got to 2011!).

wait, just to clarify,
UVM is for undergrad right?
But how do i prepare for the entry exam? and when and where do i take it..??
They do a 4 year graduate course and a 6 year undergraduate course. You take the exam in Kosice and it is biology and chemistry questions to A level standard as far as I understand (unless this has changed, I am reading the thread and have got to 2011!).

Oh okay, got it.
Thank you so much!
But if i do study in Kosice, wouldnt it be difficult to get around because idk anything about the language...
The course is taught in English and the language doesn't seem to cause a problem socially. I would recommend you have a good read through the thread as it is really informative :smile:

Oh okay, got it.
Thank you so much!
But if i do study in Kosice, wouldnt it be difficult to get around because idk anything about the language...
Oh okay, got it.
Thank you so much!

Loads of English students go to Kosice, it’s English taught and the two that I know that are there love it and haven’t had any problems with the language barrier at all. Don’t let the fact it’s a different country put you off at all. Why do you think you’ll have no chance in the UK?
The course is taught in English and the language doesn't seem to cause a problem socially. I would recommend you have a good read through the thread as it is really informative :smile:

Alright, thank you so much! really appreciate it!
Original post by Lizziefickling
Loads of English students go to Kosice, it’s English taught and the two that I know that are there love it and haven’t had any problems with the language barrier at all. Don’t let the fact it’s a different country put you off at all. Why do you think you’ll have no chance in the UK?

Okay thats good, thank you!
I know i cant get into the UK because my chemistry grade is too low, im at a 5 when i should be at a 6..
I love chemistry, i really do.. in class i do great i understand and ask questions, i study but in the exam... its a completely different story and i have no idea why its like that.. even though ive seen the questions from the question bank i still geet them wrong, so idk what to do about that

Quick Reply

Latest