The Student Room Group

Cambridge - low BMAT

I did the September BMAT and got 5.6 in Section 1, 5.4 in Section 2 and 2.5A. Is there any chance I could get a medicine interview from Cambridge, and if so, which college should I apply to?
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm not sure what the S3 score means (it had a different scoring system when I did it), but the S1 and S2 scores are certainly not bad enough to "rule you out" at all.

Definitely still worth applying.
Reply 2
Original post by Chief Wiggum
I'm not sure what the S3 score means (it had a different scoring system when I did it), but the S1 and S2 scores are certainly not bad enough to "rule you out" at all.

Definitely still worth applying.

Well, I heard that some colleges won't consider your application if your score is lower than 6.0 ish across both sections. Do you know if this is true?
Original post by niknaks999
I did the September BMAT and got 5.6 in Section 1, 5.4 in Section 2 and 2.5A. Is there any chance I could get a medicine interview from Cambridge, and if so, which college should I apply to?

Cambridge requires you to sit the November bmat unfortunately.
Original post by ArcaneMists
Cambridge requires you to sit the November bmat unfortunately.

No that's Oxford.
Cambridge considers both Sep and Nov BMAT.
Original post by angelinthewind
No that's Oxford.
Cambridge considers both Sep and Nov BMAT.

My bad
Original post by niknaks999
Well, I heard that some colleges won't consider your application if your score is lower than 6.0 ish across both sections. Do you know if this is true?

Why don’t you ask actual admission people? They’re hosting a joint thread to answer questions from applicants like you.....

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4968162
Reply 7
Original post by vincrows
Why don’t you ask actual admission people? They’re hosting a joint thread to answer questions from applicants like you.....

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4968162

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending