The Student Room Group

Producing for Film and TV

Hi everyone,
I am an Italian student which is finishing her first degree (History of Art) and would like to come for a MA in the UK about Producing for Film and TV.
I found several courses in different universities and I would like some advice from anyone who has some experience/info.
I have seen for now three courses:
- Royal Holloway MA in Producing for Film and TV
- NFTS Producing MA
- Bournemouth University MA in Producing for Film and TV.
Please feel free to send me your ideas and info about any of this courses.
Thanks !
Original post by MaggieRome
Hi everyone,
I am an Italian student which is finishing her first degree (History of Art) and would like to come for a MA in the UK about Producing for Film and TV.
I found several courses in different universities and I would like some advice from anyone who has some experience/info.
I have seen for now three courses:
- Royal Holloway MA in Producing for Film and TV
- NFTS Producing MA
- Bournemouth University MA in Producing for Film and TV.
Please feel free to send me your ideas and info about any of this courses.
Thanks !

This is a very personal choice and no one will have attended all three to compare. Look at course structures and flexibility very carefully. Also look at where grads end up, facilities, links with industry and things like finance and location.
Original post by alleycat393
This is a very personal choice and no one will have attended all three to compare. Look at course structures and flexibility very carefully. Also look at where grads end up, facilities, links with industry and things like finance and location.

I know but I was wandering also if maybe there is a ranking for this courses or at least if someone could give me any info about one of this courses.
For example, if maybe one is more theoretical than the other, etc...
Since I am not British I don't really know how to find this kind of information ...
Thanks anyway :wink:
I know but I was wandering also if maybe there is a ranking for this courses or at least if someone could give me any info about one of this courses.
For example, if maybe one is more theoretical than the other, etc...
Since I am not British I don't really know how to find this kind of information ...
Thanks anyway :wink:

Course structures will be on the uni websites which should tell you about how much theory there is. Rankings don't mean much.
Yes, but tbh from the course structures which I read until now I couldn't really have an idea because I found them quite vague...this is why I was looking for some actual students advices!
Just to get a grip on the reality of these courses.
Yes, but tbh from the course structures which I read until now I couldn't really have an idea because I found them quite vague...this is why I was looking for some actual students advices!
Just to get a grip on the reality of these courses.

Postgrads don't tend to stick around but you may find some undergrads at the unis by checking out this forum and having a look here.
Original post by alleycat393
Postgrads don't tend to stick around but you may find some undergrads at the unis by checking out this forum and having a look here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending