The Student Room Group

Rolls Royce higher apprenticeship or uni of bristol? (project management)

Hello, I am currently in my first few weeks of my Rolls Royce higher apprenticeship, I am enjoying it however I am greatly envious of my friends being at uni and being able to do what they want (essentially). I am unable to decide whether to stay here or leave to do a degree at either the uni of Bristol or Liverpool and therefore whether uni is what its hyped up to be.
Reply 1
Original post by teaguei
Hello, I am currently in my first few weeks of my Rolls Royce higher apprenticeship, I am enjoying it however I am greatly envious of my friends being at uni and being able to do what they want (essentially). I am unable to decide whether to stay here or leave to do a degree at either the uni of Bristol or Liverpool and therefore whether uni is what its hyped up to be.

Why would you go to university? I don't mean like "pfft, why go to uni" I mean what are your reasons for going?

To better your career prospects? Or to be young and party?

I'm biased, I think apprenticeships are the way forward, you're being paid to study, with a fairly secure job at the end.

If you just want to go party, then it may not be too late, if the idea is to get a decent job, I'd say you're in the right place already.
Reply 2
You could always finish your apprenticeship and work for a year or two. Then, go to university.

Don’t follow what everyone else is doing. Do what you feel is right.
Reply 3
Original post by Ishax
You could always finish your apprenticeship and work for a year or two. Then, go to university.

Don’t follow what everyone else is doing. Do what you feel is right.

4 year apprenticeship + 1 or 2 years, then leave a £30-40k a year job to go back to uni because you missed the party, when you've already got a degree?

Doesn't seem particularly viable, does it?
Reply 4
Original post by Tubbz
4 year apprenticeship + 1 or 2 years, then leave a £30-40k a year job to go back to uni because you missed the party, when you've already got a degree?

Doesn't seem particularly viable, does it?

Depends on the salary really. If you earn that much without a degree, why go to university?
Reply 5
Original post by Ishax
Depends on the salary really. If you earn that much without a degree, why go to university?

That's kind of my point...
Reply 6
I have decided to complete my apprenticeship and then seek a masters elsewhere afterwards; which will also enable me to take a gap year (of soughts) prior to full employment. I would be going to party to be honest, but I do realise partying isn't worth £50k

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending