The Student Room Group

Can handwriting affect your GCSE results?

my geography teacher is a hoe and says that illegible handwriting will get you 0 marks on my GCSE is this true?

(p.s., my geography teacher has 70 children)
If they can't read it then how are they supposed to mark it?
No it won't. I got told that they're trained to read all sorts of things. My A-Level psychology paper was a disaster. My writing was one scribble. Sometimes I didn't even lift the pen off the paper I was so stressed in between words. And I ended up with an A*. So it'll be fine.
Original post by secret man
My geography teacher has 70 children

He's been pretty busy then.

Spoiler

Reply 4
It has never harmed me.
People with terrible handwriting get better marks because they can't read it but they give the benefit of the doubt
If they can't read it, it's going to be harder for them to mark it. However if they're skilled at reading awful handwriting then there should be no problem
If they can't read it, no marks can be given.
Furthermore, your handwriting can affect how an examiner perceives your work. Neater handwriting might indicate a higher grade etc
Reply 8
I don't think you will get 0 marks but make it readable and try to present it as nicely as possible.
Reply 9
what others have said: if they cant read it they cant mark it
examiners have to read through a tonne of exam papers every single day when marking them, and i can promise you a lot of those have terrible handwriting because its an exam and people are going to be writing quickly
heres the easiest way to describe it: you wont get marked down if your writing isnt perfectly spaced or sized, but you will if you literally scribbled all over the page for an hour and then handed that in. bad handwriting doesnt get marked down, but they need to at least have some idea of what the words are meant to be

Quick Reply

Latest