The Student Room Group

Change of circumstances

I have recently moved Home, after having applied and been accepted for student finance. However my circumstances have now changed so that I am living with my partner instead of parents so when applying for student finance initially, my answers such as do you live at home with parents etc are now different which I am assuming changes the amount of money I am entitled to. How do I change my details? As online I am only able to change my address and not circumstances.
Original post by georgiacmh
I have recently moved Home, after having applied and been accepted for student finance. However my circumstances have now changed so that I am living with my partner instead of parents so when applying for student finance initially, my answers such as do you live at home with parents etc are now different which I am assuming changes the amount of money I am entitled to. How do I change my details? As online I am only able to change my address and not circumstances.

Hi georgiacmh,

Can I ask you a few questions to help you better?

First of all are you still under 25 years old at the start of this academic year ?

Secondly can you confirm that you are living with your partner and not married ?

Finally do you have any children?

Thanks Rona
Reply 2
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi georgiacmh,

Can I ask you a few questions to help you better?

First of all are you still under 25 years old at the start of this academic year ?

Secondly can you confirm that you are living with your partner and not married ?

Finally do you have any children?

Thanks Rona

I’m under 25, living with my partner but no not married and I don’t have any children. But I’m sure you get more student finance if you don’t live with parents?
Original post by georgiacmh
I’m under 25, living with my partner but no not married and I don’t have any children. But I’m sure you get more student finance if you don’t live with parents?

Hi georgiacmh,

As you are still under 25 years old and not married, we will still use your parents household income in the calculation but you will be entitled to a higher rate of Maintenance Loan, as you will be assessed as living elsewhere.

It’s easy to update your details online. Simply log into your account at www.gov.uk/studentfinance and go to Your Account > Change your application > University/college and course.

To change form 'living at parental home' to 'elsewhere' you will need to select the change course details option on your account to access the functionality.The system will allow you to edit and update the 'where I will be living during term 1, 2 and 3' and your term time address details in order to ensure a reassessment takes place.If your course has already started the system will not allow you to make those changes,instead you will be prompted to print off a CO1 form
If you want to change your term time location you can do so by completing the CO1 form.

You must ensure you inform us of both the change of address in section 2 and living location in section 4.

The completed form should be sent to the following address:

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending