The Student Room Group

Can I change my maintenance loan during study?

When I applied for university I got the ~£5k maintenance loan as I am commuting. I am now planning on moving into halls of residence, so wish to increase my loan to ~£6k this year. Is it possible to make this change online if I decide to stay in halls over the next few weeks, or will I have to live on the maintenance loan I initially applied for?
Also, if it is possible to change, when would I receive my first additional payment (since my first payment has already gone in)?
Original post by jason1297
When I applied for university I got the ~£5k maintenance loan as I am commuting. I am now planning on moving into halls of residence, so wish to increase my loan to ~£6k this year. Is it possible to make this change online if I decide to stay in halls over the next few weeks, or will I have to live on the maintenance loan I initially applied for?
Also, if it is possible to change, when would I receive my first additional payment (since my first payment has already gone in)?

You can change your maintenance loan up to 9 months after you start uni.
Original post by jason1297

Hi jason1297

Simply log into your account at www.gov.uk/studentfinance and go to Your Account > Change your application > University/college and course.

To change form 'living at parental home' to 'elsewhere' you will need to select the change course details option on their account to access the functionality.

Update the 'where I will be living during term 1, 2 and 3' and if required your term time address details in order to ensure a reassessment takes place.

Ensure that you have selected the maximum living costs in order to access any additional funding.

Changes can be made via the online COC under the 'Loan Amount' section & can be made up to one month before the end of the academic year.

If you not able to change the loan amounts online then we can post the 'Maintenance Loan Request Form' to you.

Once processed, you can be confident any additional entitlement for term one will be backdated and submitted as an additional payment/interim payment and future instalments adjusted.

You can call us on

Tel: 0300 100 0607

(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Local call rates apply).
Reply 3
I started uni in june 2019 while i lived at my step father house he recently kicked me and my two children out i had to change address as on my own will i get more from student fiance and how much
Original post by Ish82
I started uni in june 2019 while i lived at my step father house he recently kicked me and my two children out i had to change address as on my own will i get more from student fiance and how much

Hi Ish82, I have responded in your thread.
Thanks, Isaac.
Hi, i have a quick question, I entitled to £12,000 maintenance loan but i requested for £8000, after first payment i decided to take the maximum amount, so i change it in my account and approved by SFE, The question is when i will receive the adjusted payment?Thank
Original post by msaamaan31
Hi, i have a quick question, I entitled to £12,000 maintenance loan but i requested for £8000, after first payment i decided to take the maximum amount, so i change it in my account and approved by SFE, The question is when i will receive the adjusted payment?Thank

Hi there, if you are eligible for that amount then yes you should receive the payment.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 7
Did u receive the adjusted payment straight after the submission?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending