The Student Room Group

Converting autocad file to open on photoshop

Hey, so does anyone know how to convert a DWG file into something that will open up in photoshop with a good resolution? I tried exporting as a EPS but the drawing then becomes tinyyy and so blurry and pixelated.
Any help would be appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by Amina190
Hey, so does anyone know how to convert a DWG file into something that will open up in photoshop with a good resolution? I tried exporting as a EPS but the drawing then becomes tinyyy and so blurry and pixelated.
Any help would be appreciated.

File > Place > ArtworkName.eps (via Photoshop) will embed the vector data into a Smart Object, which you can then scale as needed.
I've opened them in illustrator in the past and you can then export them as a psd. Could just download the illustrator trial?
Reply 3
Original post by PrettySummer
I've opened them in illustrator in the past and you can then export them as a psd. Could just download the illustrator trial?

How do I export from autocad to illustrator??? Pdf or eps gives the same problem when exporting from autocad to illustrator
Original post by Amina190
How do I export from autocad to illustrator??? Pdf or eps gives the same problem when exporting from autocad to illustrator

Illustrator will open the dwg files. You can then make the image bigger if it is tiny (ctrl. A then shift click & drag corners) then export as and save as pdf
Reply 5
Original post by PrettySummer
Illustrator will open the dwg files. You can then make the image bigger if it is tiny (ctrl. A then shift click & drag corners) then export as and save as pdf

Hahaha thanks a lot!!! Saved me a lot of time at uni! Thanks again!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest