The Student Room Group

Don’t want to go to school organised trip

(edited 6 years ago)
Where is the trip and what's making you not want to go?
Original post by dcc100
My school will arrange a weekend trip and although some of my friends are going, I really really don’t want to go... However I am scared because my parents will get mad and force me to go as I don’t really go out... I guess I don’t have to tell them but what if they find out anyway? This is causing me too much stress.

maybe there's a reason why your parents would be upset, have you gone on one before? what scares you about it? would there be any benefits if you go? usually things arent as bad as they seem
Why is it stressful? Dont tell them and take the risk. Why dont you like school trips?
Original post by Multifaceted
Where is the trip and what's making you not want to go?

It’s supposed to be educational but the student council is arranging it so it really won’t be an educational trip. I don’t necessarily want it to be one but let’s just say my class is one big “family” where I am not included since I’m a new student (changed schools last year).
Original post by dcc100
It’s supposed to be educational but the student council is arranging it so it really won’t be an educational trip. I don’t necessarily want it to be one but let’s just say my class is one big “family” where I am not included since I’m a new student (changed schools last year).

maybe this trip will be the time you become part of the ''family'' and if you have friends going surely it should be fine
Original post by filmaker
maybe there's a reason why your parents would be upset, have you gone on one before? what scares you about it? would there be any benefits if you go? usually things arent as bad as they seem

Yeah I did and found them boring. The thing is this trip is longer and my class are very close to each other while I’m not because I’m a new student
Original post by dcc100
Yeah I did and found them boring. The thing is this trip is longer and my class are very close to each other while I’m not because I’m a new student

i know it may seem like they wouldnt want to be friends with you or you wouldnt want to be friends with them but why dont you try it out, maybe you'll find someone you really like and end up being good friends. surely there's no harm in trying and if you really feel bad then you could always claim you're home sick or feeling ill and try to come home earlier.
i know it may seem like they wouldnt want to be friends with you or you wouldnt want to be friends with them but why dont you try it out, maybe you'll find someone you really like and end up being good friends. surely there's no harm in trying and if you really feel bad then you could always claim you're home sick or feeling ill and try to come home earlier.

I tried being positive and went to one-day-trips before but it just seems they have a clique that won’t allow anyone in. I’ve stopped trying but my friends haven’t... I will probably go if I’m honest, but I bet these 2 days will be long af
Original post by dcc100
I tried being positive and went to one-day-trips before but it just seems they have a clique that won’t allow anyone in. I’ve stopped trying but my friends haven’t... I will probably go if I’m honest, but I bet these 2 days will be long af

i get what you mean but try have fun, its only 2 days and maybe you'll find someone else who doesnt want to be part of their clique or maybe you can talk to one of them and they'll be the one to introduce you to everyone else. is it a whole year thing or like a class of 20?
i get what you mean but try have fun, its only 2 days and maybe you'll find someone else who doesnt want to be part of their clique or maybe you can talk to one of them and they'll be the one to introduce you to everyone else. is it a whole year thing or like a class of 20?

A year thing - five classes, but I’m pretty sure classses will be somewhat divided

Thanks for your reply btw ^^
Original post by dcc100
A year thing - five classes, but I’m pretty sure classses will be somewhat divided

yeah you should be fine, there'll be plenty of people to talk to and if you really dont like your group have a quiet word with a teacher and ask to change. wish you the best
what is the trip about

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending