The Student Room Group

Were you bullied at school

How much bullying was there at your school? I used to get made fun of a lot at the time I didn't register it that much but now it has started to get to me more and make me angry. Looking back I did nothing to warrant it except wear glasses/exist. I feel angry at myself for not doing anything about it although I still feel like doing something about it retrospectively. I don't really have any good memories of school because of it, it kind of ruined my whole experience of sixth form.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
How much bullying was there at your school? I used to get made fun of a lot at the time I didn't register it that much but now it has started to get to me more and make me angry. Looking back I did nothing to warrant it except wear glasses/exist. I feel angry at myself for not doing anything about it although I still feel like doing something about it retrospectively. I don't really have any good memories of school because of it, it kind of ruined my whole experience of sixth form.

I was until I punched him in the face and made him cry like a little girl.
Yes, from lower school right up until sixth form, I had no friends, people are *****

Yup, i experienced racial bullying during the whole 5 years of high school. I never said anything about it because i knew the teachers woulodnt have done anything. Looking back, i wished i did something about it.

I left high school over 2 years ago and bullying still happens there now. Its so bad there, i know someone in year 11 who only goes in part time.
lol never been bullied in my LIFE so I've had ample time to bully other bullies and do a bit of bullying myself :tea:

Picture a much more effective version of Mark Donovan from Inbetweeners :rofl: kidding I didn't do stuff like that hehe
(edited 6 years ago)
Yes, from lower school right up until sixth form, I had no friends, people are *****

but look. You made it.
I think bullying makes for good character building in the long run though, based on the people I know who were I guess "bullied" and how they are now, not necessarily compared to where those who bullied ended up.
Yeah, really severely. Had PTSD from it and stuff, was pretty horrific. There's not really much you can do about it in hindsight, just move forward and don't let people be dicks to you again :hugs:
Reply 8
Original post by Bang Outta Order
I think bullying makes for good character building in the long run though, based on the people I know who were I guess "bullied" and how they are now, not necessarily compared to where those who bullied ended up.

more because dumb people do the bullying
Nope. I went to a rough school and people gave me s***, but I was never bullied cause I gave them s*** back. It's just part of starting a new secondary school I suppose, the boys that wanna be hard start on people to see who they can bully and who they can't. Only time I got given s*** was in year 7 really, never had any trouble after that whereas some fellas in my year were bullied right up through the first few years, though it sorta died down by year 10.
Yes but I had it very mild compared to a lot of people. Most of my bullying came from 'friends' and just the odd taunt from the actual school 'bullies'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yea, sadly
more because dumb people do the bullying

that's not nice
that's not nice

True though
Bullied a lot. Came from a posh family so kids used to dislike me and pretty much hate me because the school I went to was full of chavs. I remember quite clearly until year 7 how people mocked me and even used to hit me sometimes. However, once I got pretty pissed and ended up fracturing this guys jaw (thank to my boxing training). No one ever bullied me again. Obviously wasn't the best decision but allowed me to understand how this world works.
Original post by Jack22031994
True though

I feel oppressed
I feel oppressed

Eye for an eye
I got made fun of a lot when I was younger because I was practically death, just moved to where I live now and a few years behind in my education because I had to lip read all the time. (I was 6/7 at this time and had this problem because the hospital kept putting my appointment back further dates.) I also in secondary got made fun of because I had breathing problems (had to have an operation and also had asthma which I have grew out of now.) It’s horrid but gladly when I started college I found people a lot more accepting and kind.
Original post by Jack22031994
Eye for an eye

pls stop it i luv u so much x
Some kid went to my primary school, he always insulted me in class and often the class joined him.

He then began secondary school with me, in the first week back he was in my classes and kept doing the same thing he did in primary school. He laid into me for a whole hour in Art class, we then went to our next lesson DT. As we were hanging our coats and bags on the pegs he said something and I just flipped out. I punched him, he fell and had a big bruise on his face for weeks.

Pros:
I was glorified.
I made some friends
I was famous for about a month
The boy who picked on me apologised and never picked on me again. Better yet he never had a proper conversation with me for 2 whole years

Cons:
Full day isolation
Report card for a week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending