The Student Room Group

Were you bullied at school

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Got bullied in Primary School, became a bully in Secondary. Now I'm pretty good friends with the people who bullied me and the people I picked on.
Original post by Jack22031994
Eye for an eye

I understand that but I think that sometimes 'an eye for an eye' can make the whole world blind, as the quote goes.

I think that violence and bullying the bully can effect someone's ability to learn and understand. People that bully have learned that behaviour through some form of nurturing and have usually been bullied themselves, which they then put back onto others, and empathy for what made them that way can be lost. Hence progress in society can be stunted.

I think what could help in these situations where there is bullying/physical violence/or loners at school that people don't understand could be teachers giving speeches in assembly about these topics and how to communicate and/or putting special groups together where there are hostilities and undertaking talking excercise or some other fun activities. Where certain students may be unwilling to do this then perhaps it could be proposed as an alternative to suspension or something else.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
lol never been bullied in my LIFE so I've had ample time to bully other bullies and do a bit of bullying myself :tea:

Picture a much more effective version of Mark Donovan from Inbetweeners :rofl: kidding I didn't do stuff like that hehe

I think bullying makes for good character building in the long run though, based on the people I know who were I guess "bullied" and how they are now, not necessarily compared to where those who bullied ended up.

Is this your attempt at justifying your bullying?

Look at where they ended up and look where you ended up. It doesn't build character, its karma coming back to bite your ass.
Persistently throughout years 3 to 9, although by year 11 these formative experiences had crystallised into an eccentric, satirical wit which gradually earned me an Inbetweeners-esque coterie of (similarly offbeat) close friends and, come sixth-form, established me as something of a common-room celebrity.

Worth it? Probably not.
Original post by friyaa23
Is this your attempt at justifying your bullying?

Look at where they ended up and look where you ended up. It doesn't build character, its karma coming back to bite your ass.

No I'm being serious, it builds character. Look at all the people in here bragging about taking a bully down or standing up to a bully...it builds character.

And I didn't bully like someone who's now a CEO or something ...so there's nothing to compare. I'm also living a pretty average white British male 20-something life. Whatever it is, it's the average, nothing spectacular, nothing horrible. So yea. :h:
Yeah, by people with no life lol.
No I'm being serious, it builds character. Look at all the people in here bragging about taking a bully down or standing up to a bully...it builds character.

And I didn't bully like someone who's now a CEO or something ...so there's nothing to compare. I'm also living a pretty average white British male 20-something life. Whatever it is, it's the average, nothing spectacular, nothing horrible. So yea. :h:

Right, but if by standing up to them you mean returning physical violence and or nasty put downs what sort of society are we creating? What kind of character are we building for our country?
Original post by Profesh
Persistently throughout years 3 to 9, although by year 11 these formative experiences had crystallised into an eccentric, satirical wit which gradually earned me an Inbetweeners-esque coterie of (similarly offbeat) close friends and, come sixth-form, established me as something of a common-room celebrity.

Worth it? Probably not.

I admire your strength.
School is a shithole. I've been told it's a place to learn how to deal with people. I don't necessarily have good memories of it either. And I actually preferred being alone in the end because there was this weird friend groupie system I had to follow when I was actually friends with people. I think things are better once you leave school, in a way, as people treat you a bit better and you have more freedom. Though that's my personal experience.

I was in 6th form for 5 weeks and hated it so I left for a college and it was a much much better experience.

The problem here is you think the ends justify the means. Fact is any life experience builds character and it's not exclusive to bullying.

Oh really? Because from your posts you seem seriously mentally ill with really bad anger issues. You're also unemployed lol.
Original post by Lepidolite
Right, but if by standing up to them you mean returning physical violence and or nasty put downs what sort of society are we creating? What kind of character are we building for our country?

no I don't mean that. Most bullies can handle a punch and kick, it's witty humiliation they can't take

I know someone who came back to a place to stab someone else for calling him a **** and stepping on his shoes...

he couldn't take being insulted and resorted to violence.

Original post by Profesh

Worth it? Probably not.

:hugs::hug: but look at the man you are today lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Yeah, being short and male isn't much fun especially when you're in school because people talk about your height much more than if you're an adult. It pretty much killed my self esteem and confidence for a while, I'm more confident now but there are a lot of things that he said about me which are seeming to be true (things such as "You're too short to get a girlfriend", "You'll always look like a child", "You're less of a man than the rest of us" etc.)
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, being short and male isn't much fun especially when you're in school because people talk about your height much more than if you're an adult. It pretty much killed my self esteem and confidence for a while, I'm more confident now but there are a lot of things that he said about me which are seeming to be true (things such as "You're too short to get a girlfriend", "You'll always look like a child", "You're less of a man than the rest of us" etc.)

Your height is...
The problem here is you think the ends justify the means. Fact is any life experience builds character and it's not exclusive to bullying.

Oh really? Because from your posts you seem seriously mentally ill with really bad anger issues. You're also unemployed lol.

DAMMIT. I fell for it again tingting :angry:. Should've known, should've known.
Original post by HelpMe??
Your height is...

lmao
from primary right till i got out of school. racist remarks, name calling, the lot. thankful for the amount of anxiety it has given me.
Yes, many times during primary school. Moved schools three times because of bullying issues in every school I went to.. once I got into secondary school, I didn't have to worry about bullying anymore, it was a nice 7 years there, and then it was not long ago till I found out that one of the bullies goes to the same university and studies in the same department as me.. I'm not scared of that person anymore, as I have way more guts now, but it's the trauma/memories that won't go away unfortunately.
DAMMIT. I fell for it again tingting :angry:. Should've known, should've known.

Im not that troll lol. Dont try to smear me, plenty of regular users here have pointed out that you're unemployed. Not my problem you're upset ive baited you out.
Im not that troll lol. Dont try to smear me, plenty of regular users here have pointed out that you're unemployed. Not my problem you're upset ive baited you out.

*Plenty of dupes. Literally no regular users care but what's this obsession with my private life anyway lol.
*Plenty of dupes. Literally no regular users care but what's this obsession with my private life anyway lol.

Yes, you're right, no one cares about you. But in many arguments people use the fact that you're unemployed against you.

You're ignoring the fact that you used to be a bully and now you're unemployed, living off benefits and moaning on TSR about immigrants whereas the people you bullied are doing something with their lives. I guess one of your achievements is building others characters lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending