The Student Room Group

Were you bullied at school

Scroll to see replies

Original post by friyaa23
Yes, you're right, no one cares about you. But in many arguments people use the fact that you're unemployed against you.

You're ignoring the fact that you used to be a bully and now you're unemployed, living off benefits and moaning on TSR about immigrants whereas the people you bullied are doing something with their lives. I guess one of your achievements is building others characters lol.

what is all this?

pls stop bullying me.It hurtz <3
security! someone's bullying me and I don't like it! I'm crying and my heart is broken. Pls. Help. xo.
:K:
I was bullied during Year 9. I’m in my first year of my school’s sixth form at the moment, but Year 9 for me was very difficult. I made friends with a girl who was bullied quite badly- she didn’t come from the best family and people made fun of her for having lice and horrible stuff like that. Being friends with her isolated me from other people; on days where she wasn’t in school, I would eat my lunch in a cubicle in the bathroom because I had nobody else to be with. When we were both in school, people would throw food at me and her. A little while after we fell out because she was unhappy that I told the school about her self-harming. But throughout Year 10 and 11, a girl I used to be friends with in Year 11 joined up with a boy I used to go to primary school with decided to dedicate snapchat groups and Instagram profiles about me, making fun of me for being a nerd. It wasn’t a very nice time in my life, to be honest. And more recently, just before we left Year 11, someone I used to be friends with made a YouTube video about me, threatening me with a gun and making fun of me for being skinny. The video was passed through the safeguarding team to the police and the boy was forced to leave. But we never heard back from the police, and now the boy has been allowed a place in our sixth form. So yeah, bullying has been a big part of my life at secondary school, and I haven’t had the best time of getting it sorted either. It takes a lot to talk about it, you know? And it’s something that stays with you and really knocks your confidence. I’m still struggling with it in college to be fair. It’s hard, for sure
Original post by Anonymous
How much bullying was there at your school? I used to get made fun of a lot at the time I didn't register it that much but now it has started to get to me more and make me angry. Looking back I did nothing to warrant it except wear glasses/exist. I feel angry at myself for not doing anything about it although I still feel like doing something about it retrospectively. I don't really have any good memories of school because of it, it kind of ruined my whole experience of sixth form.

Quite a lot, but I feel kind of odd going over it all again. I feel quite silly thinking about it all. I never really had any friends but when I finally did I fell into the wrong crowd. I remember the group I got involved in went through a stage of wanting to impress some older boys and started ditching me at lunch time to hang out with the 'cool' boys at a nearby park and said that I wasn't allowed to go with them during these times. One day I turned up anyway due to feeling lonely without them and I tried talking with them etc and then one of them poured their can of fizzy drink over me. I'm not sure what it was now, could have been coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper I'm not sure now. Then I went to sit on my own at a nearby swing and apparently one of the lads had ****** in a plastic bag and started chasing others with it and then started coming after me with it. I don't know if it was actually **** or not or some other liquid, but it sufficiently ran me out of the park and back to school.

It was a long time ago now but unfortunately I was never strong enough to overcome it and it did sufficiently destroyed all of my high school years. Oh well.
Original post by Jaffalaffa
:K:

lol what
Original post by Bang Outta Order
what is all this?

pls stop bullying me.It hurtz <3

Original post by Bang Outta Order
security! someone's bullying me and I don't like it! I'm crying and my heart is broken. Pls. Help. xo.

Damn you're so messed up and you're such a loser and a failure, karma has got you badly.
Original post by friyaa23
Damn you're so messed up and you're such a loser and a failure, karma has got you badly.

What outcome are you hoping for by responding to him in this way?
Original post by Lepidolite
What outcome are you hoping for by responding to him in this way?

As @Bang Outta Order said, bullying builds character. Hopefully I'll be able to bully him into a job.
A lot!
I was not only bullied but also physically abused by schoolmates. It made a huge impact on my psychological stability. I had sort of PTSD from it. I made a subconscious connection between starting wearing glasses and the physical abuse, so I refused to wear glasses and even now I prefer not wearing them,
I also had a lot of body image issues, I was too skinny, had a big nose, it always seemed to me much bigger thn it is, and my voice is strange.
Yeah, I put up with it for a few years before taking my fathers advice and hitting the guy back after he started to take a more physical approach at trying to get a reaction from me.

I got a *******ing from my mum when she found out, and when she was out of the room a pat on the back from my dad.
Original post by Lepidolite
I understand that but I think that sometimes 'an eye for an eye' can make the whole world blind, as the quote goes.

I think that violence and bullying the bully can effect someone's ability to learn and understand. People that bully have learned that behaviour through some form of nurturing and have usually been bullied themselves, which they then put back onto others, and empathy for what made them that way can be lost. Hence progress in society can be stunted.

I think what could help in these situations where there is bullying/physical violence/or loners at school that people don't understand could be teachers giving speeches in assembly about these topics and how to communicate and/or putting special groups together where there are hostilities and undertaking talking excercise or some other fun activities. Where certain students may be unwilling to do this then perhaps it could be proposed as an alternative to suspension or something else.

Punching him in the face worked though - he stopped and left me alone after that.

I understand some people vuly others as they are bullied themselves but thats no excuse. Imagine using that argument for other wrong doings in life?

Some people bully others because they're just a horrible oxygen stealing person.

Your idea is good but it in no way should be an alternative to suspension - it should eb an addition to it.

You wanna hear how they dealt with bullies at my dad's school in the 70s in inner city Liverpool.
(edited 6 years ago)
I was bullied due to my shyness and quiet nature in year 10 and 11, I also had a minor speech impediment. It was very bad, I dreaded going to school the next day for at least 2 years.

They made fun and mocked me for it, they made me feel uncomfortable.

Leaving school at 16 was such a relief.
Original post by Jack22031994
I was until I punched him in the face and made him cry like a little girl.

Most people are bullied at some time at school. Just regard it as a learning
experience and thank your stars that school is finished.
(Did your dad tell you school was the best years of your life? Mine did, I was so
worried it was true. Luckily, I discovered that, it wasn't.)
Original post by sassyspoon
I was bullied during Year 9. I’m in my first year of my school’s sixth form at the moment, but Year 9 for me was very difficult. I made friends with a girl who was bullied quite badly- she didn’t come from the best family and people made fun of her for having lice and horrible stuff like that. Being friends with her isolated me from other people; on days where she wasn’t in school, I would eat my lunch in a cubicle in the bathroom because I had nobody else to be with. When we were both in school, people would throw food at me and her. A little while after we fell out because she was unhappy that I told the school about her self-harming. But throughout Year 10 and 11, a girl I used to be friends with in Year 11 joined up with a boy I used to go to primary school with decided to dedicate snapchat groups and Instagram profiles about me, making fun of me for being a nerd. It wasn’t a very nice time in my life, to be honest. And more recently, just before we left Year 11, someone I used to be friends with made a YouTube video about me, threatening me with a gun and making fun of me for being skinny. The video was passed through the safeguarding team to the police and the boy was forced to leave. But we never heard back from the police, and now the boy has been allowed a place in our sixth form. So yeah, bullying has been a big part of my life at secondary school, and I haven’t had the best time of getting it sorted either. It takes a lot to talk about it, you know? And it’s something that stays with you and really knocks your confidence. I’m still struggling with it in college to be fair. It’s hard, for sure

That sounds horrible to go through, but you should be proud that you were the only one to make an effort to make friends with the girl who was being bullied!
It's good you can talk about it, and know you're not alone in going through it! But getting through it makes you stronger :smile: hope you're okay now! Sorry this wasn't much advice/help.
Yes. In year ten by a group of girls in the year below me. It started when one of them kicked me on my bum in the lunch queue, so I turned around and pushed them. Then she got her friends and punched me. For the rest of my time at school they picked on me, calling me names and threatening me.
Reply 56
Yep, I was bullied in year 6 because my name comes from the Bible, and through out middle school, I was bullied by this guy who would ask me if I liked something and what ever I said, he would make a scene and shout out to everyone about it.
There was also another guy who was really annoying and did things like listen into private conversations and then tell everyone about it.
In my current school, I could say that I am being bullied by everyone, as they are continuously pushing me and no one else. So I have the classification of being invisible at school.
Yes, I was. Not as severely as many other people, but as I was having problems at home as well, along with being a sensitive person in general, it affected me very negatively.

It started out as me being left out a lot - my "friends" would always deny having any plans together, then later discuss stuff they did after school or during the weekends. Later they started to leave me out at school as well, by sitting so that I would end up alone or leaving me behind (such as leaving the lunch room/toilet/changing room/library/etc. without waiting for me or even telling me). A bit later on, as other people in my class started calling me names and spreading rumours about me, I found out that my "friends" just went along with it. To my face they would say they have my back, but when the other classmates were involved, they turned against me. Basically, throughout the last couple years of school I was told I was a loser, angst-y teenager, embarrassing, disgusting, and so forth. One time, at a party, someone I thought was a close friend of mine slapped me in the face (very hard).

I hated myself at this time. My teachers were no help and my grades dropped dramatically. I gained a lot of weight and had a plethora of negative cognitive symptoms as a result of everything. I felt unable to discuss what was happening to my parents, as we would fight about my grades and my lying (I started to lie to cover up how I was feeling and how badly I was doing in school), and I was embarrassed of being bullied. As a result, I graduated with much lower grades than I know I would realistically be able to achieve. Furthermore, I continued to be depressed after I moved away to uni (even though moving away to another city and away from everything did help tremendously). My grades continued to be bad, my new friendships and relationships suffered, and I undertook a lot of unnecessary risks. Consequences of these risks just made me feel more negatively towards myself.

I graduated from high school about four years ago. I still suffer with mental health issues, which negatively reflect on my daily life, despite talking to therapists and improving my relationship with my parents. Right now, I'm back in a more negative head space, but thankfully am able to realise this and act on it, unlike before.

Also, I've mostly forgiven to those who bullied me (despite none of them ever apologising to me!); instead, I'm just focusing on myself and becoming the person I always wanted to be. Anger eats you like no other.
yes. I'm still traumatised by it.
Original post by LouLang
That sounds horrible to go through, but you should be proud that you were the only one to make an effort to make friends with the girl who was being bullied!
It's good you can talk about it, and know you're not alone in going through it! But getting through it makes you stronger :smile: hope you're okay now! Sorry this wasn't much advice/help.

Never judge a book by its cover, right? Anyway, we were great friends for about a year or two, and even though we don't really speak now, we're on civil terms, and I'm proud of her for coming out and going public with her girlfriend.

I'm in sixth form now and I'm gonna be doing me for a while. Keep my head down, sutdy hard, hopefully get into Cambridge or Oxford and get my degree in Virology. In the meantime, people are only now beginning to realise that the person I was back then is the kind of person they should've been years back. Sod's Law or what?! But I'm too grown for that stuff now- I'm focusing on me and my future, and I don't have time for anything else.

And nonsense, it's great to know that there are some people out there who aren't like most :smile: thank you for taking the time to comment. It really means a lot x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending