The Student Room Group

Economics or Physics

I'm in Year 12 and currently I study, Biology, Maths, Geography and Economics.
I really dislike economics and I think it'll remain boring for the rest of the year. Also, my teachers are quite boring. I don't love physics but I don't hate it. I've heard a lot about physics being terrible. Should I change economics to physics or just stick with economics for the rest of the year? (i can't drop econ because our school requires us to do 4 a levels) Also, with physics I have a much wider career path into things i'm more interested in (science and engineering). Thanks!!
(edited 6 years ago)
I would say its dependent on what you would like to do at university or potential career post education. I just completed my Physics degree and am now looking for a career in investment banking.

You don't want to do something you don't enjoy. Go to the physics department and ask to sit in some classes during your free periods. See if you think it will be something you enjoy.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ginazhxng
I'm in Year 12 and currently I study, Biology, Maths, Geography and Economics.
I really dislike economics and I think it'll remain boring for the rest of the year. Also, my teachers are quite boring. I don't love physics but I don't hate it. I've heard a lot about physics being terrible. Should I change economics to physics or just stick with economics for the rest of the year? (i can't drop econ because our school requires us to do 4 a levels) Also, with physics I have a much wider career path into things i'm more interested in (science and engineering). Thanks!!

I do both, and really enjoy them. If you dont love a science don't take it as it is a very content heavy subject and you will be spending A LOT of time on them.
Reply 3
Original post by Carmen.xx
I do both, and really enjoy them. If you dont love a science don't take it as it is a very content heavy subject and you will be spending A LOT of time on them.

Ahh, ok thanks so much!
Reply 4
Original post by IBFUTURE
I would say its dependent on what you would like to do at university or potential career post education. I just completed my Physics degree and am now looking for a career in investment banking.

You don't want to do something you don't enjoy. Go to the physics department and ask to sit in some classes during your free periods. See if you think it will be something you enjoy.

That's a really good idea, thanks so much!!
Send me a message if you want any further information on physics. I should let you know I only got a D at A level because I messed around sooo much at college but now I have a 1st class honours degree in the subject so I can now go tell the college tutors to eat a brick when they told me I had no chance in physics.

Quick Reply

Latest