The Student Room Group

Why don’t I get any matches on Tinder or POF 😒

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IBFUTURE
mine I think is awesome '6ft 1 - tall enough for your tallest heels if your feeling fancy :wink:'

Your lack of 'you're' could be the reason.

Also assuming that height is all women care about. We actually care more about the person.
Original post by hannxm
Your lack of 'you're' could be the reason.

Also assuming that height is all women care about. We actually care more about the person.

that was a typo on here. My bad. And i wasn't assuming height is all women care about I'm just a guy who uses a lot of humour.

What would you like to see in someones bio?
(edited 6 years ago)
dog pic always helps
Original post by PhilipG1
dog pic always helps

Pomsky
Reply 24
nothing to see here.

your lack of success is a combination of being blacklisted by tinders internal algorithm for swiping right to every girl with a pulse, and not being good enough looking compared to your competition to actually hold a girls attention and get her out on a date.

There is no magic secret to tinder

There is no magic words to say or lines to say that is going to get girls interested

There is no magic profile to write [short of saying you're a multi millionaire] that's going affect your match rate

The bottom line is you are not attractive enough to do well on Tinder.

I actually did an experiment with a fat unattractive obese girl on pof and she got >200 men clicking they want to meet her within the first 24 hours of the profile going live. This means on Tinder she would have >200+ matches if she wanted it in less than 24 hours of using the site. That is the scale of the competition you are up against. She's not interested in finding someone of a similar level of looks to herself when she's got hunks throwing themselves at her telling her she's pretty.

My advice to you, get off tinder...................
Don't bother, I don't see why guys need to put girls on a pedestal when girls are almost as abundant as guys. Stop the desperation and let the market correct itself.
that was a typo on here. My bad. And i wasn't assuming height is all women care about I'm just a guy who uses a lot of humour.

What would you like to see in someones bio?

Well written, a bit of good humour, something about their life, their work, their ambitions.
I would recommend POF.
I manage to start quite a few conversations by saying "please talk to me", works a charm:rofl:
Original post by hannxm
I would recommend POF.

is that even still a thing lol. I thought it died
Original post by King Leonidas
I manage to start quite a few conversations by saying "please talk to me", works a charm:rofl:

LOL. Teach me your ways
LOL. Teach me your ways

All in good time young Padawan, all in good time...
Reply 32
You could always use the same app as me.- Grindr
Anyway I havent got any matches never mind replies. Literally none in a 5 mile radius and now have ran out of people to swipe.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Anyway I havent got any matches never mind replies. Literally none in a 5 mile radius and now have ran out of people to swipe.

do a 10 mile radius?
Heya I seem to be have the same Issue I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, help me please.y.png
Original post by SammiSmokes
Heya I seem to be have the same Issue I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, help me please.y.png

Whats your intro message when you message a girl? Also your pic facial expression looks like your dog just died or something :wink:, maybe a bit more of a sharp fierce look, get the jawline showing, girls love a jawline.
[quote(Original post by SammiSmokes)]Heya I seem to be have the same Issue I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, help me please.y.png
This is my personal opinion so may not apply to everyone but I like a nice white shirt, nice hair and glasses. Get rid of the clock try outside with some greenery behind you. To be fair if thats genuinely you I think you're quite cute and I'm not too sure why you haven't been getting replies. Your bio must be a bit off. You need to be whitty but not smarmy. You need an unusual hobby like fencing or archery or something. Maybe volunteer work too.
Reply 38
Original post by Anonymous
You need an unusual hobby like fencing or archery or something. Maybe volunteer work too.

Initially I almost choked on my pringles laughing at that there.

But then I actually started to think about it, and tbh ...given how choosey and shallow most women are on those things you're probably right

sammy boy, I suggest you take up Lion Taming as hobby, and go do 6 months for the Red Cross in Sierra leone

don't forget to loose the clock pic too and get a selfie with your head in the mouth of an 8ft crocodile whilst your there.

If you can do all those things, a 200lbs pregnant mother of three might decide to grace you with a reply inbetween talking with Chads..
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
Initially I almost choked on my pringles laughing at that there. But then I actually started to think about it, and tbh ...given how choosey and shallow most women are on those things you're probably right .

Women like men to be a bit mysterious, having an unusual hobby will get them wondering about why he does that hobby. Volunteering will make them think hes also got a kind/carling side wheres hes willing to give up his time for others. If hes happy to give up his time for others then he will be happy to give up his time to see them. They're all things women like....at least being a woman myself they'd get me curious and Id probably start a conversation.

Quick Reply

Latest