The Student Room Group

Guys, do you REALLY hate lipstick on girls?

I always hear guys say they hate bright red, pink etc. lipstick on girls which is fair enough because they like a natural look.

However I get a bit of attention when I go out but when I wear these colours instead of a nude lip or something I get LOADS. I don't dress slutty btw :lol: Nor do I have Kylie Jenner lips, in fact my features and face are quite small. I do have tanned skin because Im Asian though, so maybe the colours look nice.

Guys, do you really hate lipstick on girls? :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Yeah Cus there's a 8/10 chance you'll look like pingu
(edited 7 years ago)
Brb just going to admire my collection of lipsticks and remember that I buy them for me and don't give a **** what guys think :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It gets my attention, but I still don't like it.
Reply 4
I've never really paid much attention to it, but I think brightly coloured lipstick probably would be a bit off putting
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I always hear guys say they hate bright red, pink etc. lipstick on girls which is fair enough because they like a natural look.

However I get a bit of attention when I go out but when I wear these colours instead of a nude lip or something I get LOADS. I don't dress slutty btw :lol: Nor do I have Kylie Jenner lips, in fact my features and face are quite small. I do have tanned skin because Im Asian though, so maybe the colours look nice.

Guys, do you really hate lipstick on girls? :tongue:

I love it. Makes them look so sexy. But not dark blue green and those odd colours. A nice pink or red

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Lipstick is great when applied correctly. But the colours depend on the shade of your skin and the colour of your hair. I know girls who have very pale skin, blonde hair and wear bright pink lipstick and it's just nope. You can pull off the deep colours better with olive/dark skin and glossy types with paler complexions.
Darker lipsticks are damn sexy!

However most girls don't really have a clue with lipstick. Unless you're going for the pinup look for example, don't go for bright red... it just looks silly.
I hate it when it gets all over my dick...:colone:

Spoiler

On the right girl, bright red lipstick can look really attractive to me. It's on a person by person basis though, one colour on one girl could look terrible on another. I guess it's just trial and error if girls want my approval ;D
Me =
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
If you can match under tones and colours of lipsticks to your skin tone then it looks brilliant.

Problem is every girl thinks you can wear any colour. Another issue is statement eyes vs statement lip. I see girls with smokey eyes and statement lipsticks, too much!

It's also about matching your lipstick to the colours in the rest of your make up, and your outfit. Girls just aren't smart with their lipstick
My boyfriend wants me to wear more lipstick because he thinks the red or dark purple I wear once in a blue moon is sexy...so I'd say no
Agreed that dark lipstick looks hot af... up to a certain point (can't be dealin with black)

If it's bright then yeah it looks childish and weird.
I don't care about the cosmetic reasons. Cos I can see a pretty and ugly girl behind that stuff.

My main issue is, it's hell to taste and kiss and clean the smears off everything.
hehe
nah it is a pain in the balls when it gets everywhere
that's why birds need special cloths to get it off themselves
guys do u prefer natural??
Original post by Anonymous
guys do u prefer natural??

I like lipstick. Red lipstick on some girls is sexy AF. Incredibly messy though if you're getting jiggy. Still remember on my first night out everyone laughing at me cause I'd been snogging a girl with dark red lipstick and unbeknownst to me (or maybe I didn't care cause I was off my f***ing nut), I was walking around with a face and collar full of cherry red stuff :rofl:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
I like lipstick. Red lipstick on some girls is sexy AF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whNW0NxfA2A

@eden3 @ClearSky II
Original post by Bang Outta Order
I don't care about the cosmetic reasons. Cos I can see a pretty and ugly girl behind that stuff.

My main issue is, it's hell to taste and kiss and clean the smears off everything.

Original post by Bang Outta Order
hehe
nah it is a pain in the balls when it gets everywhere
that's why birds need special cloths to get it off themselves

look at my posts x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending