The Student Room Group

Summary and entitlement

Hi,
I finished my HND earlier this year and decided to do the top up year for the BSc hons degree for my course.
I applied for finance in July this year, my partner supported my application the same month. My partner earns approx 14500 per annum, i am currently not working while studying but ordinarily i am the main earner on which my family depend. We receive tax credits and child benefit, but no other benefits.
We have 3 children, 18, 15 and 15. I submitted my tax credit forms back in 16th August and my childrens original birth certificates (again) on 15th September.
My application summary shows only maintenance loans but not grants. I understand that this may be the case due to 'technically being a new student', but despite that nonsense, my issue is, my summary shows a maintenance loan amount of £3653.
Is this right?, as I know its lower in a final year, but was under the impression it was approx 8000. I dont know how I am expected to make that work through to May 2018 without taking on more work or expecting my partner to increase her hours at a time i need her support in my final year.
Also wondered about time frame, as my application went in ages ago, only evidence was outstanding and declaration was sent months agio.

Thanks
Paul
Hi JBoyDelaney

The amount of loan £3653 is the basic funding if you have submitted the childcare evidence on the 15th September the current processing time is 20 working days so that would be still within processing timescale. You will need to make sure your partner has submitted her financial details to support your application.

Thanks Miriam
Reply 2
Original post by Miriam SFE
Hi JBoyDelaney

The amount of loan £3653 is the basic funding if you have submitted the childcare evidence on the 15th September the current processing time is 20 working days so that would be still within processing timescale. You will need to make sure your partner has submitted her financial details to support your application.

Thanks Miriam

Hi, thanks for the information, but the majority of evidence required was sent in some time ago, my partner gave permission through her student finance account and only earns approx 14400. We now receive even less tax credits as my eldest son is between courses at college at the moment and I havent recieved a single piece of correspondence from student finance since august.
Original post by JBoyDelaney
Hi, thanks for the information, but the majority of evidence required was sent in some time ago, my partner gave permission through her student finance account and only earns approx 14400. We now receive even less tax credits as my eldest son is between courses at college at the moment and I havent recieved a single piece of correspondence from student finance since august.

Hi JBoyDelaney,

We will not fully process the application until all evidence has been received, if the last piece of evidence was sent in September then you will need to allow time for this to be processed, this will take 21 working days. We would advise that you continue checking the progress on your online account as soon as it processed the new amount will show on your account and a new entitlement letter will be sent in the post.

Thanks Katie
Reply 4
Original post by Catherine SFE
Hi JBoyDelaney,

We will not fully process the application until all evidence has been received, if the last piece of evidence was sent in September then you will need to allow time for this to be processed, this will take 21 working days. We would advise that you continue checking the progress on your online account as soon as it processed the new amount will show on your account and a new entitlement letter will be sent in the post.

Thanks Katie

Hi,
I appreciate the timeframe for processing, but thats my point. It has been longer than 21 days and I havent had any correspondence since august
Thanks
Paul
Original post by JBoyDelaney
Hi,
I appreciate the timeframe for processing, but thats my point. It has been longer than 21 days and I havent had any correspondence since august
Thanks
Paul

Hi JBoyDelaney,

We would advise that you contact us so that we can look into this.

Tel: 0300 100 0607

(Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Local call rates apply).

Thanks Katie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending