The Student Room Group

What funding can I receive in Ireland (Republic)?

I'm not from Ireland but I would like to go to university in Ireland, however, fees are rather high there so I'm looking for ways to finance my studies (I won't be able to make enough money to cover everything until next year, even though I'm working full-time right now).
The problem is, my dad earns a lot (he's the one providing for the family), however, it only looks much on paper. My mom doesn't work at all and also they have a lot of kids they need to support, in addition, they need to pay off payments for a house, health insurance etc which really adds up.
I know about SUSI, but I also know that my dads salary is above their limit. Could I still get funding from SUSI?
Are there any other organizations that could help me? Maybe something like the SAAS for Ireland?
You can get funding from the Bank Of Ireland, however you would need an Irish bank account to do so.
Reply 2
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
You can get funding from the Bank Of Ireland, however you would need an Irish bank account to do so.

Do I need one to apply? Because once I move there I'd open up a bank account anyway. How much do they cover, or does that vary?
Original post by cappa2
Do I need one to apply? Because once I move there I'd open up a bank account anyway. How much do they cover, or does that vary?

Usually as much as you want, the Irish government also seem to do grants.
Reply 4
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
Usually as much as you want, the Irish government also seem to do grants.

Alright, thank you! One more question (as you seem to know about this topic): do you think I could get SUSI funding? I find it rather unfair to say that, since my dad earns a lot, I'm not eligible since I'm a legal adult and, once moving to Ireland, will have to provide for myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending