The Student Room Group

A-Levels for Medicine

Hi everyone, I’m thinking about which A-levels to select. I’ll be doing Chemistry and Biology however I’m struggling to come up with my third (and maybe 4th) a-level. I’m considering either: Government and Politics, Economics, Spanish or French. Many thanks :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by jackwbarraclough
Hi everyone, I’m thinking about which A-levels to select. I’ll be doing Chemistry and Biology however I’m struggling to come up with my third (and maybe 4th) a-level. I’m considering either: Government and Politics, Economics, Spanish or French. Many thanks :smile:

Unis don't usually specify the third subject you need so any of those would do :smile: A language would definitely make you stand out, but you should only take it if you're confident in achieving a high grade in it as medicine will need that whatever subject you choose. Economics would be a very good choice also, although with 3 maths based subjects, I'd probably suggest maths as your fourth to make it easier!
But overall, it's up to you! Take the one you find most enjoyable and you feel you are most able to get a high grade in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Won't really make a difference - go for what you prefer! :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
Unis don't usually specify the third subject you need so any of those would do :smile: A language would definitely make you stand out, but you should only take it if you're confident in achieving a high grade in it as medicine will need that whatever subject you choose. Economics would be a very good choice also, although with 3 maths based subjects, I'd probably suggest maths as your fourth to make it easier!
But overall, it's up to you! Take the one you find most enjoyable and you feel you are most able to get a high grade in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! It’s really helped my decide :smile:
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Won't really make a difference - go for what you prefer! :smile:

Thank you! I’ll really take it into account
Thank you so much! It’s really helped my decide :smile:

No problem :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending