The Student Room Group

What are people like who do Maths Degrees

So I'm currently in Year 13 and am unsure whether to go to Uni or get an apprenticeship. What I'm unsure with in Uni is whether I'd ''fit in''. I don't drink (not for any reason I just don't) and therefore don't enjoy clubbing etc. I'm shy at first but if people get to know me, I'm perfectly normal to talk to etc. I'm not the most popular but have a good friend group around me, although we don't go out often. So really my question is, will there be people like me who don't like going out etc., but aren't just a bit... weird. If I did go it'd likely be one I can home from weekends for.
I'm Male and predicted AAA if that matters.Thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
they are mathematical
Reply 2
Original post by Mathemagicien
They are great people. The best. Their IQs are among the highest. Some, I assume, are normal people.

Depends on the Uni. You sound like you'd fit in fine with other maths students.

I don't really care about their IQ lol. Was thinking of somewhere like UEA/ Reading etc.
Reply 3
They're just pretty normal people...some drink...some don't....some are talkative.. others really quiet...you'll find your group I'm sure. I did maths too
Original post by nc212
So I'm currently in Year 13 and am unsure whether to go to Uni or get an apprenticeship. What I'm unsure with in Uni is whether I'd ''fit in''. I don't drink (not for any reason I just don't) and therefore don't enjoy clubbing etc. I'm shy at first but if people get to know me, I'm perfectly normal to talk to etc. I'm not the most popular but have a good friend group around me, although we don't go out often. So really my question is, will there be people like me who don't like going out etc., but aren't just a bit... weird. If I did go it'd likely be one I can home from weekends for.
I'm Male and predicted AAA if that matters.Thanks

They are normal people who are good at maths
They are great people. The best. Their IQs are among the highest. Some, I assume, are normal people.

Depends on the Uni. You sound like you'd fit in fine with other maths students.

Is that true about the IQs?
Original post by sabana
They're just pretty normal people...some drink...some don't....some are talkative.. others really quiet...you'll find your group I'm sure. I did maths too

its almost as if you can't generalise the entire group of maths uni students into 1 category :O shocking
They just did generalise them though. They generalised them by saying they were normal people.

generalising ception
Just like you

Quick Reply

Latest