The Student Room Group

ucas plagiarism

hi ! i was wondering if you can use your personal statement from last year or ucas will think its a plagiarism.
Original post by Durlescu
hi ! i was wondering if you can use your personal statement from last year or ucas will think its a plagiarism.

You an as long as its your own work.

Ask the ucas verification team.

An old thread said, but i cant find the link its moved, so check with ucas.

7. Can I use the personal statement I wrote for a previous application again?

Yes, you can use a statement from a previous application provided the original was all your own work. The service removes all matches where the name and date of birth of the applicant are the same, so if the service highlights similarities it will not match with your previous statement but with other sources already in our library.

Fraud and similarity –guidance for applicantsUCAS operates a dedicated Verification Team, tasked with the prevention and detection of fraud in applications and similarity in personal statements.We have a responsibility to our applicants, course providers, and stakeholders to screen applications for false, missing, and/or misleading information, personal statements for patterns of similarity, and to report our findings. Our aim is to avoid anyone gaining from an unfair advantage and securing a place by deception. If you provide true, complete, and accurate information, and if your personal statement is all your own work, you have nothing to worry about.
Hello, Yes that should be fine it is your own work after all, just don't copy an paste things from the internet.....

Honestly writing a new personal statement is really quite easy... and you can adapt it.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest