The Student Room Group

He said "i will literally kiss you on the mouth", does he fancy me ?

So I was going over my friend's CV as he is applying for jobs, and I spotted a few grammar mistakes and reformatted it.

Before he left he says "i will literally kiss you on the mouth if I get a job at place x", then he walks off.

What did he mean ?
I don't know what type of relationship you have. If you have flirted in the past, it might mean something.

If it is only friendship, I think he just said it as an expression to thank you for helping him. Maybe this is a job that he really wants? He didn't mean anything by saying it.
Original post by Anonymous
So I was going over my friend's CV as he is applying for jobs, and I spotted a few grammar mistakes and reformatted it.

Before he left he says "i will literally kiss you on the mouth if I get a job at place x", then he walks off.

What did he mean ?

Okay so he probably just meant that he will be really grateful to you and love you so much (as a friend!) if he gets this job like most people will say something like that but I have to admit - his wording is a bit weird!!

He probably just means the above but from the wording it is possible that he was just dropping a subtle hint that he likes you - seeing as you are friends he might be feeling a little closer to you or whatever but don't worry about it - if it is still on your mind, when you next see him ask him what he meant.
But don't go fantasising about stuff because you haven't mentioned that you do like him but if you do it very might possibly be his way of trying to tell you something.
Also, just wait til he gets a job at that place - you'll find out what he meant then!
It means he will kiss you on the mouth.:dry:

When I visit France or Algeria I kiss dudes on the cheek all the time, and I am a heterosexual male.

But in saying that, I am French and Algerian and this is the tradition.

I don't do this in the UK, I would get a slap.:closedeyes:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by cheesecakelove
I don't know what type of relationship you have. If you have flirted in the past, it might mean something.

If it is only friendship, I think he just said it as an expression to thank you for helping him. Maybe this is a job that he really wants? He didn't mean anything by saying it.

This may be a silly question, but what counts as flirting from my end or his?
Reply 5
Original post by ebickers
Okay so he probably just meant that he will be really grateful to you and love you so much (as a friend!) if he gets this job like most people will say something like that but I have to admit - his wording is a bit weird!!

He probably just means the above but from the wording it is possible that he was just dropping a subtle hint that he likes you - seeing as you are friends he might be feeling a little closer to you or whatever but don't worry about it - if it is still on your mind, when you next see him ask him what he meant.
But don't go fantasising about stuff because you haven't mentioned that you do like him but if you do it very might possibly be his way of trying to tell you something.
Also, just wait til he gets a job at that place - you'll find out what he meant then!

your probably right
Reply 6
there's a good chance there's nothing to it and he's just showing his gratitude tbh

..now if he said something like: "if i get this job i'm gonna beat that pussy up" [and neither of you have a cat], then yeah .. I think you'd be on the right track in thinking he might like you a little more than friends..
This made me laugh so i clicked on it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending