The Student Room Group

My mum left Islam at 40 years old. AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wonderuss
I have learnt a lot hence why I left. And no, I didn't learn about Islam from western media, I learnt about it from the Quran like one should.

What sort of academic rigour of study are we talking about here?

Because those who say they have learned a lot... this usually means reading the odd translation, coming to ones own conclusions and consequently leaving the faith

From your posts in this thread, it doesnt seem like you have a good idea of what you’re talking about. At all.
Original post by faith 101
What sort of academic rigour of study are we talking about here?

Because those who say they have learned a lot... this usually means reading the odd translation, coming to ones own conclusions and consequently leaving the faith

From your posts in this thread, it doesnt seem like you have a good idea of what you’re talking about. At all.

Ah, so all Muslims have some sort of 'academic rigour of study' of their religion, do they?

Also, you clearly haven't read the whole thread and are purposely not taking into account particular things I have said (i.e. violent verses clear as the sun that can only be interpreted in one way, amongst many other things...), so I'm not going to debate with you.

Have a good day.

Spoiler

To all the other Muslims lurking here, feel free to join.
Original post by FailedMyMocks
You've been shouting your not a Muslim.. which made me assume you don't believe in God. You didn't clear that up until later on and I still don't know what religion you now follow if any. It was good talking to you too. Just learn more about Islam, It isn't what the western media make it out to be. They have such horrible and sickening double standards..

I won't babble. Good luck to you!

So you're saying islam is just misunderstood? Has there ever been a more misunderstood religion than islam? When Saudi arabia lop the heads off homosexuals or apostates they are just misunderstanding the quran? They have misinterpreted it? That's rubbish.If you want to see what islam is about just look at the saudis. And don't claim they are extreme.Calling saudi arabia extreme muslims is like calling the vatican extreme catholics. Its stupid.They are following it in its most pure form. And its not just them either its the entire muslim world.Have all these countries misunderstood islam?If Islam has a negative image in the western media then its because islam does stuff that casts itself in a bad light.
Original post by MiszShortee786
You're so ignorant it's unbelievable. If you must know I was referring to our beloved Prophet (SAW) who bled from head to toe during a war. If you're really interested you can find out the name and info.

Man-made? Have you read the Holy Quraan in Arabic? (Some words are repetitive I won't go in detail why) and some arabic words have different meanings. Comparing that to Shakespeare is offensive. Be careful of where you are going. The Holy Quraan is not a poem. Here's a challenge for you try to find the Asma-Sifaat of Hataa in the Holy Quraan. Bet you can't.

So before you compare and contrast learn you're basics of Islam before judging.

The Holy Quraan is more than just arabic words. It's a fountain of beautiful stories that even authors today couldn't think of. Why? Because it's not a fairy-tale believe it or not. Why are you so concerned about the Quraan mentioning violence? It's not a fairy tale where it ends in 'happily ever after'. Well I say that but who can ever refute the everlasting river of halal wine and rivers full of delicious milk. Did I also mention that you just have to think of food and it will come to you. Yes in Jannah.

I must say you have a lot to learn about you're peaceful religion. It's beautiful when you delve deeply into it and not disregard it because you disagree with a thing or two.

How did this get five reps? Yes its obviously man-made. That's why it does actually end in happy ever after.All the bad people go to hell and the good muslims live for ever in paradise.With milk and wine and virgins forever and ever.How do you not see that that is just fantasy? Even the stars die but muslims won't? Its simply playing to what you want to be true.But real life is not like that.It has ups and downs.Of course everyone wants to believe they will live forever. Thats why you have to question it.
To all the other Muslims lurking here, feel free to join.

You love attention don't you?
You love attention don't you?

You love ignorance, don't you?

Why don't you respond to the points and questions that people are putting forward rather than sidetracking to this? Defend your religion.
Original post by Robby2312
How did this get five reps? Yes its obviously man-made. That's why it does actually end in happy ever after.All the bad people go to hell and the good muslims live for ever in paradise.With milk and wine and virgins forever and ever.How do you not see that that is just fantasy? Even the stars die but muslims won't? Its simply playing to what you want to be true.But real life is not like that.It has ups and downs.Of course everyone wants to believe they will live forever. Thats why you have to question it.

الدنيا سجن المؤمن و جنت كافر. رواه البخاري ومسلم.
That Hadeeth is so true Alhamdulliah. If you understand you understand it if you don't you don't.

About the 5 reps not that I care about reps but those that did rep were aware of what our religion teaches us instead of slating off the media.
You love ignorance, don't you?

Why don't you respond to the points and questions that people are putting forward rather than sidetracking to this? Defend your religion.

Answer my question then? You're so quick to disregard it and you're telling me about ignorance.

Pathetic.
That Hadeeth is so true Alhamdulliah. If you understand you understand it if you don't you don't.

About the 5 reps not that I care about reps but those that did rep were aware of what our religion teaches us instead of slating off the media.

Why are you writing in Arabic as if TSR is an Arabic site and everyone understands Arabic?
Answer my question then? You're so quick to disregard it and you're telling me about ignorance.

Pathetic.

Which question? You're the one not responding to anyone's points or questions lol. I've responded to everything you've said and if I missed something then sorry, could you ask it again, please. Thanks.
Why are you writing in Arabic as if TSR is an Arabic site and everyone understands Arabic?

You don't understand it? Not my problem. You're the defination of ignorance.

And if you think this world is a prison for Muslims then why you still here? Go suicide bomb yourself or something.
You don't understand it? Not my problem. You're the defination of ignorance.

I understand it, hun. I'm Arab but not everyone else on TSR will understand it.

The level of stupidity is getting too high I can't deal

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Which question? You're the one not responding to anyone's points or questions lol. I've responded to everything you've said and if I missed something then sorry, could you ask it again, please. Thanks.

What is the Asma-Sifaat of Hataa in the Holy Quraan?
Did she end up changing much and was it difficult for your family?
And if you think this world is a prison for Muslims then why you still here? Go suicide bomb yourself or something.

Ignorance at its best. I didn't state it. It was our beloved Prophet. I'm merely just reminding you.

I don't want to end up in hell fire unlike you and your ignorance.
I've realised that the more I discuss with Muslims the more I think Islam is stupid. Like literally no one so far has said a good point defending their religion or made their religion look appealing to return to. Thank God my mum led me out. I'm so damn thankful.

If anything the media is largely in favour of islam. Every time some muslim commits a terrorist crime the leaders of western countries go out of there way to say that islam is a peaceful religion.And no I don't understand arabic but you clearly understand nothing of science.
What is the Asma-Sifaat of Hataa in the Holy Quraan?

How is that relevant to anything at all?

Quick Reply

Latest