The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Should Marijuana Be Legalised Already?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by HotDetermination
It creates a dependency on this drug, which could potentially ruin your life. Yes, there are some who prevent it from doing so, but they are the minority. That's why it's just safer to completely restrict it, unless it has been prescribed.

why not completely restrict cigarettes? alcohol? even sugar and caffeine?

same thing my love.
Absolutely not. I used to smoke, I'm not against smoking weed, but making it legally available would be a disaster. We're already gearing up to lose the foreign workforce post-Brexit and, in my experience, the British workforce are lazy enough as it is. They don't need more incentive to do nothing.
Reply 22
Original post by Kandiman
Absolutely not. I used to smoke, I'm not against smoking weed, but making it legally available would be a disaster. We're already gearing up to lose the foreign workforce post-Brexit and, in my experience, the British workforce are lazy enough as it is. They don't need more incentive to do nothing.

lmao brexit has nothing to do with it.

nice try tho
Original post by garethbale
lmao brexit has nothing to do with it.

nice try tho

You're right, Brexit isn't the reason the British are workshy.
Reply 24
You're right, Brexit isn't the reason the British are workshy.

there are a ton of other reasons - shame your clearly Brexit obsessed.

off my thread cheers xx
I don't agree with cigarettes being legal either. It doesn't matter if people infrequently die from overdose, the fact of the matter is this drug makes people become too unstable and dependent on the drug.

Yes. When overused or abused then it can lead to dependency.

But this rule doesn't just apply for cannabis. I could list a load of examples that if abused could also lead to addiction.

If used in moderation then I see no problem in the usage of marijuana.
there are a ton of other reasons - shame your clearly Brexit obsessed.

off my thread cheers xx

Clearly your reading comprehension isn't up to scratch, you managed to miss the point entirely. It makes no economic sense to legalise marijuana. The country can't afford another economic disaster at the moment.

And, in the adult world, money is more important than freedom.
Original post by ax7fold
It depends on the person, i smoked my first joint with another guy. He is a meth head who works in mc d and Im studying law and havnt touched another drug. Blanketing everyone as smoking weed as unstable and dependent is as stupid as calling all Muslims terrorists.

I'm saying this is applicable for the vast majority of people who do marijuana. Yes, there are some who manage, but there are others who don't It's just better to ban it completely, as many members of the population would become addicted to it.
Reply 28
Clearly your reading comprehension isn't up to scratch, you managed to miss the point entirely. It makes no economic sense to legalise marijuana. The country can't afford another economic disaster at the moment.

And, in the adult world, money is more important than freedom.

aren't there far more important things to worry about in brexit rather than some plant?
I just think everything should be legalised and sold in pharmacies. It'd be regulated and therefore pure, so less of a danger to users; taxable, so good for the economy; clinics can be set up in pharmacies for advice on safe usage; and because it's purchasable in a store, there would be no demand for it on the black market, thus reducing crime.
(edited 6 years ago)
why not completely restrict cigarettes? alcohol? even sugar and caffeine?

same thing my love.

I agree with you for cigarettes and alcohol, both contribute to far too many deaths to be legal. Sugar and caffeine, on the other hand, very rarely significantly contribute to death.
Reply 31
I'm saying this is applicable for the vast majority of people who do marijuana. Yes, there are some who manage, but there are others who don't It's just better to ban it completely, as many members of the population would become addicted to it.

some 'Muslims' have been terrorists.

you're then basically saying the 'vast majority' of Muslims are terrorists...
Reply 32
I agree with you for cigarettes and alcohol, both contribute to far too many deaths to be legal. Sugar and caffeine, on the other hand, very rarely significantly contribute to death.

addiction and dependency on sugar and caffeine lead to diabetes which actually can lead to death/ shorter life span
aren't there far more important things to worry about in brexit rather than some plant?

You're merely demonstrating immaturity at this point. It's not about the plant, it's about the wider effects of the plant. It's also not just about Brexit, but the fragile state of the national economy overall. We literally cannot afford the downturn in productivity this would create.
Original post by HERMES Paris
Yes. When overused or abused then it can lead to dependency.

But this rule doesn't just apply for cannabis. I could list a load of examples that if abused could also lead to addiction.

If used in moderation then I see no problem in the usage of marijuana.

Generally, the majority of the things you could list aren't as easy to get addicted to as marijuana. If I eat one chocolate bar, I'm probably not going to become addicted to it. The same thing can not be said for marijuana.
Reply 35
You're merely demonstrating immaturity at this point. It's not about the plant, it's about the wider effects of the plant. It's also not just about Brexit, but the fragile state of the national economy overall. We literally cannot afford the downturn in productivity this would create.

gReAT tell Theresa fu*cking May then to sort our her weed market
Reply 36
Generally, the majority of the things you could list aren't as easy to get addicted to as marijuana. If I eat one chocolate bar, I'm probably not going to become addicted to it. The same thing can not be said for marijuana.

yes it can.

unless you've smoked it yourself I don't think you have a place to say that
addiction and dependency on sugar and caffeine lead to diabetes which actually can lead to death/ shorter life span

The issue with these two is that the positives of both outweigh the negatives. The number of people who consume these goods responsibly far outweigh the number of people who don't. Whereas with marijuana and alcohol, it is the opposite.
yes it can.

unless you've smoked it yourself I don't think you have a place to say that

I'm just using common sense here. Not many people would get addicted to chocolate after eating one bar. The same cannot be said for marijuana.
Reply 39
I'm just using common sense here. Not many people would get addicted to chocolate after eating one bar. The same cannot be said for marijuana.

well what you think 'common sense' is isn't what it is

smoke a blunt and try again :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending