The Student Room Group

Can I still get into medicine with these GCSE grades?

I got 2A*'s 7A's and 2B's. :frown:
Say I got AAA at A level and a high UKCAT is there a good chance of me getting into medicine? or shall i drop the idea now and go for biomed instead?
Yes definitely go for medicine, but apply strategically. When you say high ukcat I assume 700+ around. Go for schools such as Southampton, Durham, Newcastle, perhaps Kings College. Manchester is also viable. There are many options available. Good luck with your application!
Reply 2
Original post by fii_xox
I got 2A*'s 7A's and 2B's. :frown:
Say I got AAA at A level and a high UKCAT is there a good chance of me getting into medicine? or shall i drop the idea now and go for biomed instead?

For all the grades you can obtain at a level that is not the only deciding factor when applying for a place in medical school. As a doctor your ability to study and pass exams theoretically is at a level C grade . Competition makes it higher. However even withstanding the top grades you can obtain the deciding factor is why and what you would aspire to do when you are a doctor ! Where is your interests and what have you shown to cement that interest ! For all the high grades at A level nothing bears any indication of future performance other than time perseverance and dedication

Quick Reply

Latest