The Student Room Group

Does this count as cheating?

So I met this guy but we really haven't known each other that long (about 2 weeks) and we just agreed to "See where it goes". We didn't even sleep together so it's definitely not that serious but the other night, we were both at a party and I got REALLY drunk and made out with a few guys. (We sort of got separated during the party)

At the time I was a little hurt because I thought he was messing around with other girls so I wanted to show that I didn't care that much, however later on I found out that he actually didn't fool around with anyone else and that he was quite interested in me. Nothing else happened with the other guys other than kissing but for some reason I feel horrible about what happened and I don't know if it's worth telling him or not.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
I'd probably go off you tbh...
Original post by ANM775
I'd probably go off you tbh...

Not sure I get you :confused:
If you tell him he might correctly assume that you're not as interested in him as he is in you, and therefore decide not to develop a relationship
Original post by DrawTheLine
If you tell him he might correctly assume that you're not as interested in him as he is in you, and therefore decide not to develop a relationship

Tbh, I am really interested in him, which is why I felt **** when I thought he was with other girls. I do spend quite a bit of time thinking about him and pondering whether I should text him or not.
Original post by MyAnonAccount
Tbh, I am really interested in him, which is why I felt **** when I thought he was with other girls. I do spend quite a bit of time thinking about him and pondering whether I should text him or not.

It already sounds like an unhealthy start. You decided to try and make him jealous by snogging lots of guys without even having proof that he was with another woman. That makes you sound very jealous yourself. If I was him and you told me I wouldn't want to see you again.
No, you’re just being paranoid.
Reply 7
Not sure I get you :confused:

If I was the guy in question and I found out what you got up to that night I would probably go off you..
Original post by DrawTheLine
It already sounds like an unhealthy start. You decided to try and make him jealous by snogging lots of guys without even having proof that he was with another woman. That makes you sound very jealous yourself. If I was him and you told me I wouldn't want to see you again.

You're probably right about the unhealthy start. But just to clear things up a bit, when I said I wanted to 'show that I don't care' I meant to myself, I had no intentions of telling anyone else and I definitely did not want him to see me. When I realised how bad what I was doing was, I apologised to the guy I was currently with, told him that I couldn't do this and went home straight away. Although you are probably right about being jealous too, that's probably something I have to work on.

I get that telling him would probably ruin everything but if it were you, would you rather know and not pursue the relationship or would you rather the girl just never told you?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
a FEW guys?! damn hoe...
Original post by Nerry
a FEW guys?! damn hoe...

by a few I mean two. TWO! :colonhash:
Should have had an orgy as well
Not cheating. I was ****ing a girl last night but I only put the tip in, so doesn't count.
Original post by Dr Savage
Should have had an orgy as well

Well thanks for that, I'll keep that in mind for next time :colonhash:

Original post by Awesome-o
Not cheating. I was ****ing a girl last night but I only put the tip in, so doesn't count.

Okay... you do you
you are immature I hope he runs away from you
Well if you've already confirmed to each other you were actively going to see "where it goes" what you did really wasn't cool at all. You got paranoid that he was casually going around and your solution to convince yourself mentally that you're on the same boat was to go around kissing people. You say two so I suppose that's not too bad although it's still pretty *****y. Especially if they were proper make-out sessions.

I also don't think sleeping with someone defines how serious a relationship is? Although I do think knowing one another for just 2 weeks can if anything. I think if you actually want to take it seriously, then tell him about it and ask him what he thinks. As long as you explain what you want and why you did it although it wasn't for the best reasons, he shouldn't misunderstand and think you're less interested in him than he is in you. It would also be pretty *****y if he finds out from someone else.

Good luck, man.
It's not cheating but it's not exactly correct procedure either. Not worth telling him if you actually want a chance with him. Besides, who you get with whilst still single is technically not really his business. In conclusion: wtf are you doing lmao jesus christ

Spoiler

At the time I was a little hurt because I thought he was messing around with other girls so I wanted to show that I didn't care that much

Here's my advice: grow the **** up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending