The Student Room Group

What exactly is the "red pill"?

Hey, have any of you guys heard about the red pill? My first thought was the Matrix tbh I stumbled upon a reddit by accident while searching a question on google and it all seemed really weird so if anyone could explain wtf is going on there that'd help xD

Scroll to see replies

It's a term used by men who have realised the truth that modern society is rigged in favour of women.

Those men tend to be 20-somethings who spend all their time online, can't get laid, and still live in their Mum's attic.
Original post by Quantex
It's a term used by men who have realised the truth that modern society is rigged in favour of women.

Those men tend to be 20-somethings who spend all their time online, can't get laid, and still live in their Mum's attic.

What do you mean "realised the truth"? Are they basically just trolls or do they sincerely think this way or what?
Its a metaphor of sort taken from the movie matrix lol
Original post by 27FT
Hey, have any of you guys heard about the red pill? My first thought was the Matrix tbh I stumbled upon a reddit by accident while searching a question on google and it all seemed really weird so if anyone could explain wtf is going on there that'd help xD

you talking about this?
[video]https://youtu.be/wLzeakKC6fE[/video]
It's a term used to describe former third wave feminists who have opened their eyes and realised how cancerous modern feminism is in western society, screaming about the non-existent pay gap and domestic abuse while failing to acknowledge the societal biases that exist towards women, such as divorces, child custody, education,lack of help offered for male abuse victims. Also search the Red Pill, it's a good film that is basically a feminist interviewing a series of anti-feminists and realising the feminist movement doesn't acknowledge men's issues at all, you can see her view change throughout.
In short, it's a meme associated with alternative history. (Holocaust denial etc.) Red pilled means "enlightened" and blue pilled means "sheep", in layman's terms.
(edited 6 years ago)
i can't say it's *****y cus i haven't seen it but i think it'd be worth at least watching it
The red pill reddit seems to originate from a bunch of nerds who have had some seriously bad experience with women, through either some bad rejections or somehow toxic relationships. Their next move, of course, was to blame the women. All of them. Every single one. So they decide women have all the power in dating, and that all of them are ***** that will drop you at a moment's notice if you don't have "game" or something.

In order to be a man and have success in this market, you need to get "game" which basically seems to involve a load of PUA tactics combined with low key hating whoever it is you're trying to get with. According to these guys, anyway. Of course, naturally hating all women and believing them all to be somehow poisonous grows into a bit of an anti-feminist movement, and from there it's all a bit weird.

More recently the term "red-pill" is generally thrown around to mean accepting some sort of horrible truth like what happened in the Matrix, which I think is where the name for the OG subreddit must've come from.
"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." Basically, blue pill = blissful ignorance, red pill = aware of the harsh reality.

The term "red pill" is often used in the internet community by supposed red pill takers, claiming they're smarter than the rest of the world because they "know" that the government are controlled by the New World Order and that all women are out to destroy men and anything associated with manhood.
Tbh The Red Pill is about getting laid. They tend to preach about lifting and going to the gym to make yourself more attractive, and learning how to be more confident and smooth with interactions with women.

Sure there's a few that are all like "aagh society is collapsing because of the new world order controlling all the banks", but mainly it's all "dude you're not getting laid cause you're an unattractive awkward manlet, go to the gym and get confidence".
Original post by will'o'wisp2
you talking about this?
[video]https://youtu.be/wLzeakKC6fE[/video]

I didn't realise it was a documentary, the YouTube comments however are pretty cancerous
after looking into it a bit more, I'd rather take the blue pill and be considered a member of the sheeple xD
It's racism.
Original post by DarthRoar
Tbh The Red Pill is about getting laid. They tend to preach about lifting and going to the gym to make yourself more attractive, and learning how to be more confident and smooth with interactions with women.

Sure there's a few that are all like "aagh society is collapsing because of the new world order controlling all the banks", but mainly it's all "dude you're not getting laid cause you're an unattractive awkward manlet, go to the gym and get confidence".

but when i looked into the threads on the reddit it seems to be more woman bashing than anything you described. Some titles:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/74msig/3_ways_you_can_be_an_ally_to_women_in_tech_or_how/

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/74kway/got_called_a_creep_and_im_proud/

and some more. It all seems like bull to me.
I honestly can't but feel like it's incredibly stupid. Men cannot be categorised as "alphas" or "betas" or whatever and the tactics they use to plan on getting laid seems honestly misogynistic. yes, some women might like it if a guy hits the gym. But you can go to the gym and still be sensitive and compassionate and smart. you can't seperate people into the haves and have nots.
Eh you're probably right. But when are these weirdos going to realise that there's more to life than sex you know. You shouldn't prioritise getting laid over all that. I just feel like it's a really toxic mentality that would be better off quashed.
Yeah if they realised that getting education to propel yourself to a higher station in life would increase their chances massively in getting a girl but most likely they're all dropouts or something
I think I got banned from that place because I honestly couldn't understand what it was and probably triggered them with a naive comment of mine. :lol:
I mean, I never was into the male characters in those type of cartoons anyway. Always preferred the more sciency intellectual type of comic book characters. If you think about He man practically wore a thong and he was considered the peak of masculinity but I'm not sure many women would be into men who just wear their underwear everywhere xD
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply