The Student Room Group

What exactly is the "red pill"?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannxm
I think I got banned from that place because I honestly couldn't understand what it was and probably triggered them with a naive comment of mine. :lol:

What was your comment? I don't have a Reddit to reply to any of the threads and I think they're too busy lapping up this idea of an alpha male of all males to actually grasp that that's not woman want
So, so, so, so many misconceptions, myths and beliefs about TRP here.

@DarthRoar is along the right lines.
Original post by 27FT
What was your comment? I don't have a Reddit to reply to any of the threads and I think they're too busy lapping up this idea of an alpha male of all males to actually grasp that that's not woman want

I don't know, it was years ago. I commented on something but probably got completely the wrong idea and I was banned. Or maybe they realised I was female? :lol:
I couldn't stand the beast as a kid, I always thought he was cruel, but then again I first watched it when I was really young and I got easily scared. More like milo thatch in Atlantis, Aladdin, Peter Pan, Jim Hawkins kind of characters. And I always preferred Sokka over Zuko in ATLA xD
Original post by hannxm
I don't know, it was years ago. I commented on something but probably got completely the wrong idea and I was banned. Or maybe they realised I was female? :lol:

Perhaps xD the morons would probably do anything to bag a girl except from actually listening to one
Oh I didn't realise at first, facepalms. I always loved Hank and Bruce Banner when I first watched the cartoons, I was about 13 and was never really judgmental over things such as trivial as appearance plus I was always a major nerd and was constantly teased over being ugly so I resonated with them in a way. I was wondering how the Beast in BBaB was in anyway intellectual except from having a sick ass library. And Milo Thatch and Sokka were intellectuals (sighs) as for Peter Pan, Aladdin and Jim Hawkins they were more of just some of my personal crushes but if you look at them they don't perpetuate any alpha stereotype really.
(edited 6 years ago)
A self-styled social 'remedy' whose somewhat controversial mechanism of action is to, apparently, cause cancer.
Original post by Profesh
A self-styled social 'remedy' whose somewhat controversial mechanism of action is to, apparently, cause cancer.

Yeah I kinda got that vibe from it, it's basically third wave for men :/
Original post by 27FT
Hey, have any of you guys heard about the red pill? My first thought was the Matrix tbh I stumbled upon a reddit by accident while searching a question on google and it all seemed really weird so if anyone could explain wtf is going on there that'd help xD

It's a really meta term that's a matrix reference in that their claim is they've stopped deliberately deluding themselves and have realised 'the truth'. It basically boils down to a strange combination of recognising genuine differences between the sexes (in terms usually of relationships) and petty minded strangeness. For example they recognise hypergamy in females which is true, but then use this to say that 'therefore [women] view men as nothing more than providers and will dump them as soon as a better one comes along, they have no compassion' blah blah unsubstantiated blah.

It's the third wave feminism of mens rights.
It's a conspiracy. Everyone but them are mindless sheep (blue pill) and they have taken, like Neo in the Matrix, the red pill and can see the truth.

Often they will talk about "cultural Marxism" or "Frankfurt School" that promotes and anti-white and anti-men agenda.
Hypergamy also applies to men as well, they just get away with doing it more for ****s sake because for a man to marry a woman higher than in the social ladder
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by yudothis
It's a conspiracy. Everyone but them are mindless sheep (blue pill) and they have taken, like Neo in the Matrix, the red pill and can see the truth.

Often they will talk about "cultural Marxism" or "Frankfurt School" that promotes and anti-white and anti-men agenda.

Find that a weird comparison. A lot of these men sounded absolutely and ridiculously deluded they were shutting their eyes rather than living in the real world
Well, she's not a feminist any more because feminists have no tolerance for any moderate and rational views. Either you believe everything they subscribe to or you're en enemy - kind of like a cult.
Original post by 27FT
Find that a weird comparison. A lot of these men sounded absolutely and ridiculously deluded they were shutting their eyes rather than living in the real world

But that's the point. Everyone but them sees them as deluded but to them they are the only ones that can see the truth.

It's really just a conspiracy theory. Except these are loser nerds so they use the Matrix analogy.
A ridiculous ideology fuelled by rejection
Original post by retro_turtles
A ridiculous ideology fuelled by rejection

Is it kind of like those "nice guy" things?
Original post by 27FT
Is it kind of like those "nice guy" things?

yeah with an added excuse to why they're single
Original post by retro_turtles
yeah with an added excuse to why they're single

Sounds pretty pathetic xD
It's just a term that appeared on Reddit coined by people who believe they have been made aware that a lot of this popular social justice stuff is nonsense and that there are actually inequalities and injustices white men face. And there's plenty of justification for this realisation, discussed ad nauseum on this website, YouTube, etc.

However, according to the usual TSR Lefty brigade, it's all just virgins in their mom's basements, of course.
i've never understood what it means and I don't really care

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending