The Student Room Group

PRECITED AAAE want to do mechanical engineering and entry requirment AAA - Will be re

i want to do mechanical engineering aand my predicted grades are AAAD. With A's Maths physics and economics and a E in sociology. The entry requirement is AAA - Will i be rejected because i got an E predicted for a subject despite me meeting the offfer. And the E is not even releveant to my course.

Scroll to see replies

what unis depends
As it's an essay subject so completely irrelevant, probably not.

If your E/D was in further maths, say, then it probably would harm your chances, but in your case I don't think it will.
Reply 3
Original post by GausIsTheBoss
what unis depends

ucl, queen mary, nottingham, imperial
why don't u just drop the subject
Original post by joseph9299
ucl, queen mary, nottingham, imperial

Imperial unlikely you'd get in others you're fine.
Reply 6
Original post by chanel_666
why don't u just drop the subject

I cant because i do 3 in school and one privately. Dont think the school will let me do 2 subs in school.
Reply 7
Original post by UltimateVillain
You will be rejected! How on earth do you think E is even a grade! Why on earth will you pick a subject that you know you are so bad at. People like you always make bad decisions. That E will only show that you cannot make decisions and so you cannot do mechanical engineering.

Relax, how tho I MET THE OFFER
I cant because i do 3 in school and one privately. Dont think the school will let me do 2 subs in school.

have u at least asked ??
Try and convince ur teacher that u can get a high grade in sociology, write some essays and hand them in to be marked ? Do some extra credit ?
Reply 9
Original post by chanel_666
have u at least asked ??
Try and convince ur teacher that u can get a high grade in sociology, write some essays and hand them in to be marked ? Do some extra credit ?

ARE u allowed to do 2 subjects in school and one privately.
ARE u allowed to do 2 subjects in school and one privately.

We have no idea, it's completely up to your school.
What's the E in? Most universities make a grade based on 3 grades and only really care about your top 3 grades anyway so you'll be fine :smile:. Imperial is the only exception, but the difference between UCL and Imperial is negligible so it doesn't matter.
Original post by Volibear
I received offers from UCL and Imperial with AAAE at AS.

Was the E grade A2 or AS
Original post by Pidge Gunderson
What's the E in? Most universities make a grade based on 3 grades and only really care about your top 3 grades anyway so you'll be fine :smile:. Imperial is the only exception, but the difference between UCL and Imperial is negligible so it doesn't matter.

E is in a subject that is not relevant to my coursr at all. im acc scared because i got the predicted and meets the offer but that E grade predicted can let me down.
Reply 14
Drop sociology, then there’s no need to declare the predicted grade
Drop sociology you dumb fo3k
Original post by Zxyn
Drop sociology, then there’s no need to declare the predicted grade

cant pal, i dont 3 alevels in school and one privately. Well i havent asked school yet.
Original post by Teenage Hype
Drop sociology you dumb fo3k

i do 3 alevels in school and one privately. And socio is done in school. But i could ask school if i can do 2 in school
i do 3 alevels in school and one privately. And socio is done in school. But i could ask school if i can do 2 in school

Why wouldn't they let you do 2 lmao.
Just drop it cos your offer is 3 grades anyway, unless you're certain you can get A in socio which it doesn't seem like - so ur just wasting time in lessons?
Original post by Teenage Hype
Why wouldn't they let you do 2 lmao.
Just drop it cos your offer is 3 grades anyway, unless you're certain you can get A in socio which it doesn't seem like - so ur just wasting time in lessons?

pretty much yeh, wasting my time! im gonna ask the school to let me do 2, but apparently theres certain hours of lesson student has to do in school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending