The Student Room Group

What should I do?

I am currently in the process of dropping out of my current university as its just not for me (not to mention quite low in the league tables). I want to study film in the future. My A levels are BCC - should I retake them in order to go to a Russell Group uni or take a gap year/go straight into work?
Original post by Goeke
I am currently in the process of dropping out of my current university as its just not for me (not to mention quite low in the league tables). I want to study film in the future. My A levels are BCC - should I retake them in order to go to a Russell Group uni or take a gap year/go straight into work?

Only you can make the choice. You dont sound firm on your degree.

Retakes are going to be easier now whilst its recent.

You only have funding for one full degree left now and no changes of mind, so you have to be certain.

I would resit and improve plus get a p/t job. once you have your A levels then you could choose when in the future to do a film course. A level grades give you options. If you dont know then wait until you do.

The non RG unis for film id heard of were UEA and Westminster. Are you at either of those?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Only you can make the choice. You dont sound firm on your degree.

Retakes are going to be easier now whilst its recent.

You only have funding for one full degree left now and no changes of mind, so you have to be certain.

I would resit and improve plus get a p/t job. once you have your A levels then you could choose when in the future to do a film course. A level grades give you options. If you dont know then wait until you do.

The non RG unis for film id heard of were UEA and Westminster. Are you at either of those?

Nope, I’m at a bad non RG
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest