The Student Room Group

Nose Job. Is it Haram?

I hate my nose. It's one of the reasons why I have anxiety and depression. My nose is fat and pretty wide and i just hate it so much. It makes me look weird and ugly. Im asian btw. I want a nose job but fillings (injections) which are removable. I also want to have a face lift on one side of my face because my right cheek is fatter and heavier than the other.
Is it halal? It's ruining me as a person e.g. my mental health and relationships

Scroll to see replies

Forget your religion. Focus on yourself, I’m sure your god will understand your struggles
Original post by Anonymous
Forget your religion. Focus on yourself, I’m sure your god will understand your struggles

Please dont listen to this nonsense

People are always looking to mould and change their faith to their tastes. They put their desires first, justifying their misdeeds with statements like ‘god will understand’
Reply 3
But I want to...I also feel like people think im ugly because of it. I realised that im really mean to people and i have trust issues because of my nose. Like, I would say "stop faking that you like me. Who would like someone that looks like me? My facial features are just terrible". Ngl, the only thing I like about myself are my eyes. Everything else ruins it.

People are always looking to mould and change their faith to their tastes. They put their desires first, justifying their misdeeds with statements like ‘god will understand’

I don't think this should be about religion tbh. OP should accept themselves, because what if OP starts to think that they are ugly even after a nose job. It isn't the solution in my opinion
I’d encourage you to get in touch with someone knowledgeable, perhaps in real life, to get a proper answer.

This is a largely irreligious student forum, where most users will encourage you to do as you please

Also, please seek professional help for any mental health issues. Perhaps someone who is also a Muslim, who will encourage you to accept the way you are and to learn to love yourself
Reply 6
My nose is pretty easy to fix i think. I feel like it would look good after nose fillings and I think if I find a good surgeon, they would make it look like a cute button nose.
I don't think this should be about religion tbh. OP should accept themselves, because what if OP starts to think that they are ugly even after a nose job. It isn't the solution in my opinion
Reply 7
Original post by aj89754
I hate my nose. It's one of the reasons why I have anxiety and depression. My nose is fat and pretty wide and i just hate it so much. It makes me look weird and ugly. Im asian btw. I want a nose job but fillings (injections) which are removable. I also want to have a face lift on one side of my face because my right cheek is fatter and heavier than the other.
Is it halal? It's ruining me as a person e.g. my mental health and relationships

I'm not a muslim so idk if it's 'haram' but injections won't work if your nose is wide/large. Injections are only used if you have a nose bump - fillers can be used to fill it in and make the nose straighter. But to make your nose less wide, you'd need an actual surgery.
Original post by aj89754
My nose is pretty easy to fix i think. I feel like it would look good after nose fillings and I think if I find a good surgeon, they would make it look like a cute button nose.

sigh... you can't expect anyone to like you if you don't like yourself
lol why should you continue hating yourself because your religion might disagree with something..
do whatever you want and stop listening to people who want to keep you on the same level as them or below them. (Soz if anyone gets offended)

also i think fillers are a waste of money, you could get a proper nose job for the same price.

Well, Islam is such that it governs all aspects of life, so it is unavoidable that this still has everything to do with religion

And of course, you can take a lot of things from your religion about accepting the way you are, being content with your appearance, self esteem etc.
stop being a muslim. problem solved
it is haraam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHeWLp9aCiE
watch the video, the sheikh says so himself
According to islamqa (https://islamqa.info/en/47694):

What is haraam is that which is done for the purpose of beautification; but if it is needed for medical treatment or to correct a fault in the teeth and so on, there is nothing wrong with it. And Allah knows best.

I'd love to write more but frankly I don't know what im on about and I wasn't taught about nose jobs at mosque, so i guess you just gotta search it up and/or use a reliable source. Sorryy lol :biggrin:
Original post by aj89754

dont waste your money on something that doesnt matter
if labiaplasty is allowed in islam don't see why nosejobs aren't

(and im not talking about fgm btw labiaplasties for more "attractive" genitals are actually allowed in islam)
I don't think TSR is the best place to get fatwa...

If you want a definitive answer to your question, I suggest you go to someone who is actually qualified (as in they have undergone the necessary islamic education to issue religious edicts).

The fact that you come to TSR instead does make me feel like you are asking for an excuse to do it anyway regardless of the islamic viewpoint. After all, TSR isn't exactly filled with mufti. I suggest you self-reflect and weigh up your wants and beliefs.

I don't intend this as a personal attack in any way but I think that you should get some second opinions from your friends and family with regards to your nose. It could be that your nose is fine and that your current mental disposition is severely influencing your decisions. Nose jobs aren't that easy to reverse either...

I would also advise you to go see a mental health professional if you have not already done so. Mental health issues, if left unchecked, can spiral out of control and severely strain your quality of life and your relationships with your friends and loved ones.

To be honest, I am slightly disappointed at the people on this thread whom have entirely disregarded some of the elements of the thread starter's statements, which definitely alters the situation, in order to tell the thread starter to do whatever they want in such a blasé fashion.

Moral of the story kiddos: it may not be the best thing to solicit advice on an anonymous forum and it is definitely not a good idea to get advice solely from anonymous people who may not have your best interests at heart.
Um, No. I don't think it's like that. God wants everyone to keep their self esteem under any circumstances.
Reply 18
Because that’s for physical needs not changing your appearance slightly or not slightly, god made you like this and love yourself like god made you,sooner or later you won’t be needing that and beauty won’t be anything when you get to old age.i mean she could wear makeup if she wanted I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.
Late ass reply so idk if u still even use student room or have already got the nose job lol. Im Muslim but I'm very accepting and open minded. Therefore my take on this is: if you believe that it will make you a better person and Muslim then go for it. I have heard it is haram however getting a nosejob will not send you to hell. You only have one life in this dunya, don't spend it hating yourself <3

Latest

Trending

Trending